Expanded Gym Demo fails to finish importing

Hi Themeco,

I am trying to upload X’s “Expanded Gym” theme to my WordPress site www.bettingweapon.co.nz. No matter what I try I get the error message “We’re sorry, the demo failed to finish importing” after a few seconds as pictured below.

I have done extensive research through the forums and other useful help sites. I have upgraded php to version 5.6 and even tried it with version 7. I have completely cleared my cache. I have deactivated all plugins in an attempt to also get this to work. I have edited my php.ini file in cPanel to maximise all of my file size, upload size, execution time … etc limits. I have tried importing from multiple devices with different operating systems. I have uninstalled wordpress and X and reinstalled them on multiple occasions.

I have contacted my host www.crazydomains.com regarding permissions and any other things that might be preventing this demo from importing. They advised me that nothing from their end is preventing the upload. Also, I have previously successfully imported the “Gym” theme for another website using crazy domains.

I have also been able to successfully import the Expanded “Food Truck” theme on this site which shows that a connection to Themeco’s servers can be made and large files can be imported. Is it possible to import the “Gym” Theme files directly into my cPanel public.html/themes folder via FileZilla?

I need this theme to import so I can continue development. Can you please help me with the install.

Kind regards,

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for writing in and providing the detailed steps you’ve taken.

I’ve tried to take a look at this for you, but unfortunately the username wasn’t included in the secure note, if you could send that over in a secure note and we’d be happy to take a look.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information. Hi There,

You have a Curl related limitation or issue:

cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 14903 mil…seconds with 515117 out of 1316023 bytes received
Using the error message above, you can contact your webhost. Here is a form letter you may use:

Hello [provider],

My WordPress installation is having a hard time making outbound HTTP requests. I’m using X theme and it makes a request to community.theme.co for setting up automatic updates. Here is the error message I’m receiving:

[screenshot, or copy/paste the verbose error message (see above regarding the &x-verbose flag)]

Could you please do the following?

– Ensure my site can reach this domain: community.theme.co
– Ensure cURL is working, and allow_url_fopen is enabled.
– Ensure PHP is configured with the latest CA Root Certificates.
– Check into the error message above.
Please advise on anything you discover. Thank you.

Please also see https://theme.co/apex/kb/connection-issues/ for more possible solutions.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.