Expanded Demo Content issues

I have been trying to setup the expanded demo content App. The default page seems to show the wrong demo content then when going to the blog page it seems to be broken.

I have deleted all pages and media content on the site and tried again, but it seems to be the same issue.

To make sure it was not an issue with the initial install, I installed everything from scratch. All X plugins are installed.

Hi @mobeus,

Thanks for writing in.

Usually, the problem of demo content is the connection of your site to our site. Try to setup again your demo account,

Then, we’d recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP if you haven’t done so already. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

And also make sure that you have the following on your server configuration:

For more demo content troubleshooting and guidance, please check out the bottom aspect of the following page: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-demo-content/56

I hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

@nico Everything works fine for the other demos just not the App one. It loaded the Agency, Gym, Food Truck all without issue.

@nico, the issue seems to be with the revolution slider not being properly made. It is assigning the blog slider to the home page then not finishing the slider that should be made for the home page. When clicking on the blog link the slider is missing leaving the whole area white obfuscating the menu.

It would be nice if this could be corrected so it would be usable.

Hi, mobeus,

Thank you for the information. I checked the case in my installation and the App demo worked with no problem.

I suggest that you install the reset plugin which will reset your WordPress installation.

Important: You will lose all the work and will have a new blank WordPress installation

Then please make sure that you update the theme to version 6.1.5 and the Cornerstone to version 3.1.5 and the Revolution Slider to version 5.4.7.4.

Then try the demo installation again.

In the case of the Revolution Slider, you need to delete all the slides of the Revolutions slider to be able to have the information you want for the APP demo, if not you need to manually go to the Homepage and change the Below Masthead option and select the App Home slider:

Thank you.

@christopher.amirian, This was a fresh setup with no content but the demo content. I have run the reset plugin. The only plugins that are enabled are those from Themeco.

I set the slider on the home page as suggested but now the page it broken more than it was before. The slider does not seem to be completely made during setup.

I manually set the slider as you recommended.

When opening the Slider Revolution the slider is made but not complete as it has no content.

It also now seems to break the home page when doing it.

Hello @mobeus,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I created a test slider and every thing seems to be working fine. I checked the website and noticed couple of issues:

1. Above mast header you had selected App home slider. I opened the same and the slider is blank. To see if the contents are getting deleting I created a test slider and assigned the same to above mast head. I reopened the slider and data is there. Please make sure that you are saving the changes and that you are assigning correct slider.
  2. I also see that you have assigned App Blog slider in below mast head section. Please confirm that you want to display slider above and below masthead.

In my testing I couldn’t see any issue with the slider and that you demo data is also showing up without any issues. Please make sure to clear browser cache and try again.

Thanks.

@Prasant I did not set the below mast head slider that happened when the demo content was installed. I miss read the post from @christopher.amirian and changed the wrong setting. I have updated it to the correct setting but the slider is still blank. The content for it is not there.

The issue seems to be that the demo content is not fully created. I am trying to setup the demo content on the clients domain for a meeting. I can make slides just fine. The issue is that it is not be completely finished when the content is imported.

I deleted this server and recreated from scratch. It is the latest Ubuntu LTS, MariaDB, Nginx, PHP-FPM 7.1. I am not sure if that is the issue or that it is SSL.

Hi There @mobeus

Most probably your issue is related to PHP cURL or server response time related. Please setup a child theme by following this guide and then add the following code into your child theme’s functions.php file and regenerate your demo content and see if that helps.

//adjustments to wp-includes/http.php timeout values to workaround slow server responses
add_filter('http_request_args', 'bal_http_request_args', 100, 1);
function bal_http_request_args($r) //called on line 237
{
	$r['timeout'] = 15;
	return $r;
}

add_action('http_api_curl', 'bal_http_api_curl', 100, 1);
function bal_http_api_curl($handle) //called on line 1315
{
	curl_setopt( $handle, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 15 );
	curl_setopt( $handle, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 15 );
}

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Am already using the child theme for X. I added the code to the functions of the child theme but it did not work.

After running a wp-reset it still did not work. I reinstalled the entire server again and put the code in the Child theme functions file still did not change the issue. Here are the specs:

Web Server: Ubuntu 18 LTS, Nginx, PHP 7.1, 8GB Ram, 2 CPU’s 100GB (SSD).
Database Server: Ubuntu 18 LTS, MariaDB 16GB RAM , 4 CPU’s, 100GB (SSD).

Again all other demo’s work. This is the only one and the only issue seems to be it not creating the App Home slide correctly and applying it to the setting “Slider Setting: Below Masthead”.

I have installed the following demo content.

Demo content that seems to work:

• Education
  • Bed & Breakfast
  • Agency
  • Auto
  • Gym (Google map issue but that is due to api key)
  • Food Truck (Google map issue but that is due to api key)
  • Band
  • Spa
  • Restaurant
  • Church

Demo content does not work/install correctly:

• App - broken slider for home page
  • NonProfit - Broken - Home page says ‘Record not found’ nothing else shows on the page
  • Wedding - Broken - Home page shows header/menu but under that it says ‘Record not found’ nothing else shows on the page

Ho mobeus,

Thank you for the detailed information. This indeed seems to be a server related one as I test ted specifically the APP expanded demo and it is working on my local and live installations.

I also am trying to make a sense why this might happen. I checked your PHP Info information and I have the suggestions below:

1. Change the max_execution_time to 300
  2. Change the Memory Limit to 512. Read this article for more information.
  3. Make sure that you have cURL access to our servers. For more information read the troubleshooting section of this article.

Honestly, other than that I do not have any suggestions regarding the proper server information.

It is always possible that you install the demo content on your local machine and then move the website to your live server if you can not find a solution to have the demo content directly to your server.

Thank you.

For further testing I signed up at 4 different hosting services that are on your hosting page. Digital Ocean, SiteGround, WPEngine, and Dreamhost.

All four of them showed the same errors on the same ones I was having problems with. I was finally able to get it to work by having the host switch the webserver from Nginx to Apache and disabling SSL. Then the Slider Revolution slides were finally made. They were still applied on the home and blog pages backwards or not at all.

Since the slide was made I exported it and went back to my server and imported it. Seems like there is a problem with your Demo Setup scripts.

Thank you for your feedback.

Actually that seems to be interesting point as whatever I tested was Apache and I never tested Nginx. I will try to check the case with Nginx and if there is a problem I will open up a report in our issue tracker.

Thank you for your feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.