Excessive Spacing After Top Slider Section

Can you explain why there is such an excessive spacing after the slider on the home page?

Checked my margins and all looks good, not sure where the excess space is coming from.

Hello @marketimpress,

Thanks for reaching out. :slight_smile:

Please remove the section padding values to remove spacing after slider.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, when I click on that section and go into my Inspector, I don’t see any option to modify the Padding, I can only modify the margin which is already set at 0.

Hi @marketimpress,

Please enable the Advanced Mode and you’ll see the section’s padding options.

The space between the slider and MADERO ACCOUNTANCY headline are coming from the following.

The bottom padding of the first section.
The top padding of the second section.
The top margin of the <h4>MADERO ACCOUNTANCY PRACTICE, P.C.</h4>

If you don’t want that headline to have a top margin, please apply a class mtn to it.

e.g.
<h4 class="mtn">MADERO ACCOUNTANCY PRACTICE, P.C.</h4>

More Utility Classes here.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thank you, that did the trick. One more question, when I take the padding to 0 on the slider section it actually cuts off the top part of the slider of the desktop view. Why would that be? Would really like it to be at 0 but don’t want it cut off on desktop view.

Hello @marketimpress,

Thanks for updating the thread.

You need to adjust the bottom padding values. Also I see that that some spacing is coming from MADERO ACCOUNTANCY PRACTICE, P.C. heading. Please remove the top margin of the heading and that should further adjust the spacing.

To do that I suggest you to add class under Text element. After that add following CSS under X > Theme Options > CSS:

.remove-spacing h4 {
    margin-top: 0;
}

Please change the class name as per your requirement.

Thanks.

My issue is with the top of my slider, when I take the top padding to 0, I actually get the top part of my slider cut off. It’s almost like it does not recognize the bottom of the actual menu. See screenshot that shows the boundary box of my top section going into the top menu.

Hey @marketimpress,

Thank you for the screenshot. Try this, go to X > Theme Options > Header > Navbar and set the height to 140 in Navbar Top Height field (see screenshot)

Then remove the padding from your first section to remove the extra spacing. That should fix things up.

Let us know how this goes!

Unfortunately, that still doesn’t make a difference. It still somehow covers over my slider. It’s almost if they are viewing each other as seperate layers.

On mobile is the only version where it looks correct, but desktop you can tell it is covering the slider.

Hi @marketimpress,

I checked your page and I’m not seeing the suggested changes, that’s probably because the content of your site is being served by the cache. Please clear all caches first and then go to WP Admin > Settings > General and turn off your Endurance cache

Let us know how this goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.