Exceptionally slow back end using the X theme

Hi guys,

I love the theme. However, it is at times unusable slow to administrate.

The front is okay as I have a CDN and cache (WP-Rocket) etc, but on trying to do anything such as edit pages (especially in cornerstone) or add content, or simply moving from one item to another in the dashboard crawls, I’ve also noted since moving to your theme the SQL database has increased dramatically in size (2mb - 14mb)

I’ve tried all the usual stuff, disabling plugins etc., removing the cache, I’ve looked at your performance guide and I’ve even upgraded the hardware of the server via my host, in case it was memory related, but four months on, it’s still incredibly slow.

Any ideas?

the site is www.imanageapp.co.uk

I’m happy to send you login details if you wish to look at it as an admin.

Hi @ifsd,

Thank you for writing in, actually, even on the front-end, the page loads kind of slow (13sec to complete) given that it is under CDN and WP-Rocket cache. This is the file that is taking time to load https://www.imanageapp.co.uk/?custom-css=d0eec4a4ac

Regarding the backend, try minifying and combining your CSS files to have a fewer HTTP request. Also, try Increasing the PHP Memory Limit of your site.

WP-Rocket - Reducing the Number of Minified Files
Increasing PHP Memory Limit

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi there,

thanks for quick reply.

That file is the inline code that weve put in to make template edits, so is part of x theme, but it is very small.

Ill make the PHP changes though and come back to you, as I’m still pretty sure there’s a lot of bloat in the template that’s slowing things up.

John

Hi there,

Changes made to the PHP memory- WP-Rocket was already setup correctly. Still the same.

John

Hello John,

Thanks for updating the thread.

In most of the cases editing or making changes should not be an issue and there should not be problem with the load time as X Theme codebase is already optimized.

To take a closer look at the setup, can you share login details in secure note?

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.