Ethos Theme 1, Different Carousel on each page

Hi Guys,

So this is what i would like to create

On home page the carousel is as programmed, it goes across the top and it pulls in the info from the posts which are indicated as featured posts.

Now i want to create a second page that has similar layout as home/landing page but the i would like the carousel to pull info from that page’s category.

For example :
Home/landing page carousel contains featured posts
Page 2/Woodworking page carousel contains only posts from woodwork category
Page 3/Mommy Matters page carousel contains only posts from mommymatters category

Is this possible?

Hi There,

Unfortunely this is not a feature offered by X.

What I could suggest to have a similar functionality would be use our Addon THE GRID which will allow you to create a grid of one row with horizontal grid layout and it can look quite similar and it is a actually more flexibile regarding layout.

Hope it helps

Hi @Joao

Thanks for the response. I might have figured a work around, but it would require the ability to turn off the carousel for all pages except for the landing page.

Is this possible?

Hi there,

Yes, you should be able to do this through a child theme.

Please create the directory x-child\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\ethos

Then add this code to the file wp-header.php :

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/ETHOS/WP-HEADER.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Header output for Ethos.
// =============================================================================

?>

<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_header' ); ?>

<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_slider-above' ); ?>

<header class="<?php x_masthead_class(); ?>" role="banner">
    <?php is_home() ? x_get_view( 'ethos', '_post', 'carousel' ) : '' ; ?>
    <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_topbar' ); ?>
    <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_navbar' ); ?>
    <?php x_get_view( 'ethos', '_breadcrumbs' ); ?>
  </header>

<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_slider-below' ); ?>
  <?php x_get_view( 'ethos', '_landmark-header' ); ?>

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for the help.

Unfortunatly i have no idea what a child theme is and how it works. I will do some research and reading and hopefully after that i will use your code here and tada, it will work. But it will take time.

Thanks for taking the time to respond

Regards
Nic

Hi again,

Please follow this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-setup-child-themes/57 it will help you in getting started.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.