Ethos - Remove Dates on Category Archive Page Slider

Hello,
I’d like to remove the dates that appear on the Category Archives Page Top Slide in Ethos. I have removed the dates and names on the top header slider, but I’m not finding code for the Category Archive Slider. Please help. Thank you!

Hi there,

Please add this code in the functions.php of the child theme:

// Featured Index Content
// =============================================================================

if ( ! function_exists( 'x_ethos_featured_index' ) ) :
  function x_ethos_featured_index() {

$entry_id                    = get_the_ID();
    $index_featured_layout       = get_post_meta( $entry_id, '_x_ethos_index_featured_post_layout', true );
    $index_featured_size         = get_post_meta( $entry_id, '_x_ethos_index_featured_post_size', true );
    $index_featured_layout_class = ( $index_featured_layout == 'on' ) ? ' featured' : '';
    $index_featured_size_class   = ( $index_featured_layout == 'on' ) ? ' ' . strtolower( $index_featured_size ) : '';
    $is_index_featured_layout    = $index_featured_layout == 'on' && ! is_single();

?>

<a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" class="entry-thumb<?php echo $index_featured_layout_class; echo $index_featured_size_class; ?>" style="<?php echo x_ethos_entry_cover_background_image_style(); ?>">
        <?php if ( $is_index_featured_layout ) : ?>
          <span class="featured-meta"><?php echo x_ethos_post_categories(); ?></span>
          <h2 class="h-featured"><span><?php x_the_alternate_title(); ?></span></h2>
          <span class="featured-view"><?php _e( 'View Post', '__x__' ); ?></span>
        <?php else : ?>
          <span class="view"><?php _e( 'View Post', '__x__' ); ?></span>
        <?php endif; ?>
      </a>

<?php

}
endif;

Hope this helps.

Um? I’m not familiar with child themes. Where might I find that or is there another option?

What you are trying to do is not possible with CSS because the category and the date have the same HTML container and if you hide the date, the category will still be hidden that is why you need to override the code through the child theme.

You can find information about the child theme here:

Oh wait, I’m fine hiding the category too. Does this make it easier?

Hi there,

Yes, please try this CSS:

.x-slides .featured-meta {
    display: none;
}

Hope this helps.

PERFECT!!! Thank you!!!

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.