Ethos Post Header Carousel Help

Hello

I’m using ethos and i don’t want the header Carousel to show the date of when a post was published, also don’t want it to show the category. Is it possible to make the header post carousel not open more details when i hover over it, but still keep the blog title and have it clickable.

Like i want it to look like it does when you aren’t hovering on it and have it stay like this if someone does hover over it and have it clickable still.

Hi there,

Please add this code in the custom CSS:

.x-post-carousel.unstyled .entry-cover:hover .x-post-carousel-meta {
    display: none;
}

.x-post-carousel.unstyled .entry-cover:hover .h-entry-cover {
    top: calc(100% - 4em);
}

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks Jade :slight_smile:

You’re most welcome. :slight_smile:

Jade, I need help. For some reason amazon script codes aren’t showing up in preview or on published posts? I’m not sure whats causing this…I wanted to add a amazon native ad code to one of my posts…

I went inside the html section and added the code, saved the post as draft and clicked preview and it doesn’t show the amazon ad…

have you ran into this problem from other and do you know the solution?

Hi,

Try adding it in text section instead of html

Thanks

When i said html thats what i meant because text it basically html…it didn’t work

Hello @Jord56,

Please take a look at the screencast that I have created and try again the steps. Let us know how it goes. In case issue still persists, please share login details in a secure note and the code you are trying to add. https://screencast.com/t/EjbvjN1Af7

Thanks.

Ahhhh, maybe its not working because im not using cornerstone editor? just was entering the code below, then would hit the preview post and the amazon ad is not visible. I haven’t tried it using cornerstone editor, will reply back if it works or not thanks…

@jade hey whats the css code to hide the username, date from the Post - Slider - Blog - i didn’t want to use the header one, but when i switch to the Post slider blog one the date and name came back.

Hello @Jord56,

Thanks for updating thread. :slight_smile:

Please add following CSS under X > Launch > Options > CSS to hide author name and date from post carousel:

.x-post-carousel-meta>span.entry-cover-author, .x-post-carousel-meta>span.entry-cover-date {display: none;}

Thanks.

That code didn’t work…:frowning: -

Also getting this error when in conerstone edititor

Are you guys sure thats the code for these one…

Hi There,

That’s an HTML error, not CSS. Please check your page content for any unclosed HTML tags.

To hide the author and date on Post Slider, please add this to Theme Options > CSS

/*hide the author and date on Post Slider*/
.x-post-slider .featured-meta {
	display: none;
}

And I see that you’re using a caching and optimizer plugins, please clear this plugins everytime you made changes/updates on your site.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Okay, thanks that code worked, will try and pin point the html error…will reply back if i need more assistance…

Please let us know how it goes, you can provide us login credentials in a secure note if the issue persists.

Have a nice weekend,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.