Ethos Post Carousel - HELP re date ordering and removal of date display

Hello,

I have read the forum but cannot seem to find the answers.

#1 | REMOVE DATES FROM HOVER OF WHEN ITEM WAS POSTED
I want to remove the date from the “hover” as I use the dates to organize upcoming events and they are looking confusing as it is not displaying the event date but the post date. I cannot use the event date as it will clearly not appear to be advertised until the day it occurs in that case.

#2 | DATE DISPLAY CHANGE FROM OLDEST FEATURED FIRST
As explained above I schedule all events using the blog post publish dates. When the carousel populates, it uses the date of my most frequest post first - thus burying the soonest events at the end. Can I switch this order somehow to start with older featured posts first?

thanks

www.yogasamatva.com

Hey @samatvayoga,

1. There’s no option to hide the date so you’ll need to override this with CSS. Add the code below in WP Admin Menu > X > Theme Options > CSS.

.x-post-carousel-item .entry-cover-date {
    display:none;
}

2. There’s also no option to display recent posts in the Carousel. The options available are Most Commented, Random, and Featured. If you are ok with one of them, you can set this up in Theme Options > Ethos > Post Carousel.

If you still wish to pursue showing the latest posts, you first need to understand how to customize or override our theme. You can learn that from our general customization article here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-best-practices/205

Please note that we assume that you have knowledge of WordPress development and you can fix issues that might arise from your customizations.

At this stage, I believe you’ll understand the instructions below to make the carousel display the latest posts.

1. Copy _post-carousel.php from this folder in your server \wp-content\themes\pro\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\ethos
  2. Create the same directory in your child theme like \pro-child\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\ethos.
  3. Paste the file you copied.
  4. Edit the copied file, and look for this line:

<?php if ( $is_enabled ) : ?>

Just above it, insert this code:

<?php
    $args = array(
      'post_type'      => 'post',
      'posts_per_page' => $count,
      'orderby'        => 'date'
    );
?>

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.