Ethos post carousel disappears when using visual composer

I want to use visual composer, but the ethos post carousel content no longer displays. I can see where it is supposed to go, but no posts are populating.

Hi there,

Would you please kindly give us more information about the case? The Posts Carousel will work only in the blog index or single blog post page by setting the proper options in X > Launch > Options > Ethos.

Give us more detailed information on how you use the Visual Composer that you lose the Carousel? If needed get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

The carousel disappears even with the proper options enabled when using visual composer. I will send wordpress access information privately.

I just noticed that the mobile navigation also does not work with visual composer enabled. The hamburger menu appears, but nothing happens when you click on it.

Hi,

Upon checking, I can see there is a js error in the console that is preventing some js script from working.

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

I deactiviated all plugins, except for visual composer, and the error remains. The conflict must be with visual composer. Please tell me how to fix this.

Hi There,

The post carousel is working fine after changing the setting to random, instead of feature. Please check your post for the same. There is no conflict in plugins or JS.

Thanks

Great! But I would like to show specific featured blogs, not just random ones. How do I accomplish this?

Looks like by having both cornerstone and visual composer activated things are working now.

Hi There,

Create post with featured tag, that will show in the slider.

We are really glad that it works now.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.