Ethos Home Page Video

Hey Support!

I’m trying to temporarily change my homepage. I have the ethos stack and have done a lot of customization, especially on the post-carousel, but I would like to have a video on the home page be the only thing at the top. Is there simple way to add a video that I have uploaded in my media to the homepage only? Thanks!

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, do you mean something like this (http://demo.theme.co/ethos-3/)?

If so, first create a slider with a transparent background color and set the Slider Layout to Full-Screen (https://www.themepunch.com/revslider-doc/slider-revolution-documentation/). You can install the Revolution Slider extensions under X > Validation > Extensions

Then assign that slider on your homepage as the Slider Above Masthead:

Set your video using the URL as the Slider Background Video.

Hope that helps,
Cheers!

Thanks for the follow up, Where do I add the youtube link for the video?

Also I get from the documentation on how to do that on page, but how do I put the video on the home page?

Hi There,

So it’s not a static page, please add the code below to your Child theme’s functions.php file.

/**
Add custom slider on Blog/Home page only
*/
function custom_slider() { 
 if ( is_front_page() && is_home() ) : ?>
  <div class="custom-slider">
  	<?php echo do_shortcode( 'PUT YOUR SLIDER SHORTCODE HERE' ); ?>
  </div>
  <?php endif; 
}
add_action('x_after_site_begin','custom_slider', 30);

Replace the PUT YOUR SLIDER SHORTCODE HERE string with your actual slider shortcode.

Follow this documentation on how you can add a YouTube video background to your slide.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

I added the code and am getting an error…Any tips?

What I’m really trying to accomplish is to change the ethos post carousel to a youtube video that I’ve embedded in a slider revolution slide. I’m open to doing it another way if there is an easier way, I just want the video to show up on my home page. Thanks!

Hello there,

May I know what errors are showing? You need to follow the tips given by my colleague thoroughly as that should be working. I think you’ve just missed some steps.

If problem persists, kindly share to us the updated Wordpress User/Pass in a secure note as the one you’ve shared on this thread wasn’t working.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.