Ethos Featured Image

Hello

So haven’t updated to current version cause currently don’t have a child theme and not sure if updating will wreak my website…so im leave the theme and cornerstone at its current version…

I don’t like having my featured image show in my article below or above the title, is there a way to hide this without it messing up my featured image being shown in my category as then thumbnail.

I just don’t want my featured image to be intrusive as it is right now above the fold…don’t like it…

thanks,

Hello There,

Thank you for the very detailed post information. If you want hide the featured image in single blog post, please add the following CSS code in the X > Launch > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

.single-post .entry-featured {
    display: none !important; 
}

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Thanks, yes it worked.

Also, if i update to the new cornerstone and theme will my website change? or be wreaked in anyway? im not updating cause currently don’t have a child theme to test on.

Hello @Jord56,

Thanks for updating thread. :slight_smile:

If you have made any core changes in theme files then upgrading theme might have effect on the layout of the website. In that scenario, you need move all the changes to child theme.

If you haven’t made any core changes then you can proceed to update Theme, Cornerstone and bundled plugins. I would also like to add that CSS or JS codes added under Theme Options panel won’t get overridden when updating theme.

To update theme and plugins, you can take a look at our update guide:

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.