Ethos blog formatting

How to I add space to the top of all the pages of my blog?

Above the slider on the index page:

Above the featured image / video on posts:

Also having an issue where the post index page isn’t showing pagination:

But pagination show if you filter all, in a category archive:

Hi @dbrinda,

To add a spacing to the top of blog & single-post page, please add this custom CSS under Theme Options > CSS:

body.blog,
body.single-post {
    background: #fff;
}
.blog .main,
.single-post .main {
    margin-top: 45px;
}

.single-post .x-main.full .hentry .entry-featured {
    margin-top: 0;
}

That’s default setting of Ethos stack. To make the pagination always show, please turn off the FILTERABLE INDEX option from Theme Options > Ethos > BLOG OPTIONS:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Spacing is all good now, thanks!

On the other issue, there is no way to have both filtering and pagination? Ideally, users can filter by category but also still access more than one page of content.

Is a category archive list available as shortcode, to paste into a static page? For example all the gear review posts listed on the Gear page? I’m dabbling with a 3rd party plugin on the Hikes page that is displaying all the hike category posts…but was hoping something like that was available in native X/Cornerstone. I’d like to be able to design a page in Cornerstone with a variety of page elements (map, etc.) as well as a category archive list of posts. Is this possible?

Lastly, it possible to turn on the ‘metadata’ in the post archive, but remove Author, Post Date and Comments…so only the Category shows?

Hi @dbrinda,

In this case, you can try with the Recent Posts shortcode:

http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/recent-posts/

Then filter the posts using the category: [recent_posts count="1" orientation="vertical" category="top-10"]

Please add the following custom CSS:

.p-meta>span,
.p-meta>span:nth-child(3)::after {
    display: none;
}

.p-meta>span:nth-child(3) {
    display: block;
}

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

I tried the recent posts, but cant’ seem to get all the posts in a category to show. That plugin seems like it’s working so I might go that route.

On the meta data, i tried that code but it wipes out everything…category not staying visible.

Hi Dave,

In that case, could you try this one

.p-meta > span:first-child {
font-size: 0;
-webkit-text-size-adjust: none;   
}
.p-meta > span:first-child a {
font-size: 15px !important;
-webkit-text-size-adjust: unset;
}

Hope this helps.

Shows category now, but still showing date immediately appended to that string.

Hi Dave,

It seems you have removed something or maybe replaced it with the above CSS. That CSS is supposed to be added to that existing CSS, so please add this again.

.p-meta > span:last-child {
     display: none;   
    }

Thanks!

All good now, thanks!

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.