Ethos #2 - Menu

Hello there,

I just started using Ethos #2 for a new website, I have a few questions regarding the menu:

• In the original Ethos #2 Demo, the pages all open in the same page, when you roll down it changes from “about, to work, music” and so on, so when you click in either of those options in the menu it just rolls down to the area it belongs, This is not what happens when I click on the template I setup for my new website, it keeps opening in a new window.

• The “About me” page, besides opening in a new window, it doesn’t show the menu at all, neither the top or the bottom.

• I have tried many times already to change the “highlighted” colour from the menu bar from the Purple to the colour I want and isn’t changing.

• I can’t also get to align the logo with the menu items, the menu items are way too high, instead of centred and aligned with the logo.

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

Warm regards,

Luz.

Hello Luz,

Thanks for the very detailed post information. Ethos 2 is using one page navigation. In this set up you will have two separate menus. One is for your primary menu and the 2nd menu will be used exclusively for one page navigation. To have more information how you can properly set up one page navigation, please check out this knowledge base article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-how-to-setup-one-page-navigation/96

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Hello Ruel,

Thank you for your quick response.

I’ve read that article before, but I just don’t understand it, please bear in mind that my knowledge in programing is very low, I downloaded the X theme because it seems easy enough to use… Is there a less complicated article, or maybe a video that I can follow better?

Also, that article doesn’t make any reference to points 2, 3 and 4.

About page besides of what I mentioned above, the content is all the way to the end of the page, it doesn’t have a margin. I do want a Full width view, but how can I make that the text and pictures don’t go all the way to the edge of the screen, but just a little margin?

I would also like to place the logo in the centre on the page and have the menu on both sides.

Example:

Home - about LOGO blog contact

Thank you very much for your understanding and kind reply.

Warm regards,

Luz.

Hi Luz,

Thanks for updating in!

1.) We do not have any other article to explain the One page navigation in a more simply way.

2.) A page created in Cornerstone may consists of sections, containers and columns. In the section settings, you may add a custom ID about, section or contact. You can then use this to target the location or serve as a reference points with the menu items. You can go to Appearance > Menus and create/manage your menu items. You can add the href as #about, #section or #contact. This menu shall be used exclusively for your one page navigation menu. If you are not yet familiar with Cornerstone and how to create a page, please get acquainted by reviewing this knowledge base article:
https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-introduction/118
https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-interface-settings/125

3.) If you want to have a small margin around your images in the section, you may add a padding or margin right in your section settings.

4.) Regretfully, this particular customization request is outside the scope of our support as this is not related to an issue with the theme and instead has to do with your customization of it. Please check out this related threads for your reference:

Thank you for your understanding.

Hello There,

Thank you for your replay.

I have created the one-page menu successfully, thank you.

Regarding the centering of the logo, I follow the instructions you sent me from another post, and it did absolutely nothing, no changes whatsoever, any idea why?

In addition to that, I have another question regarding linking buttons to take me back to the top of the page.

I have tried copying and pasting the permalink from the home page, as well as following the same steps I did before (adding ID) to the bottoms, like when I created the one page menu navigation, neither worked.

The Blog page shows a page menu (about) that I don’t even know where it came from, how can I delete this page (menu item) from there and just leave the 3 menus items I want there?

Any recommendation how can I do this?

Looking forward to your earliest reply.

Hi There,

Please provide your URL so we can take a closer look.

Thanks!

Hello,

www.wandersoulwanderlust.com

But right now I have an under construction page active, let me know if you need the access.

Thank you.

Hi There,

Sorry but this thread is drifting off and its getting hard to support, please create a new thread for each of your issue, and yes provide us login in a secure note so we can take a look on your site.

How To Get Support

Thanks,