Ethos 1 problems

hi again, thank you. I have done so but I still cant edit or insert anything, and the new pages I created, when I try to edit it jumps to edit “home”?

Hi Anne,

Do you have some third party plugins active on the site? If so, kindly try testing for third party plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue persists, please provide us with the admin access of your site in a Secure Note.

Thank you.

Hello @AnneLiljenberg,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I logged into the website and can confirm that Cornerstone is no working properly. However, I didn’t experienced the problem of home page that you mentioned in previous reply. I also installed WP Server Info plugin and please make following changes and then let us know how it goes.

• I see that you are running PHP 7.1.17. Please downgrade to PHP version 5.6 or later as WordPress it not fully compatible with PHP 7.
  • Please check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 300 for optimal usage.
  • Try increasing your PHP Memory limit. You can do this by editing your wp-config.php file which can be located under the root of your WordPress installation.

Add the following lines into that file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

• If above solutions does not work, then please try deactivating and deleting Cornerstone from Plugins > Installed Plugins. After that visit X > Validation and doing so will automatically install Cornerstone. Next, open few pages and see how Cornerstone is performing.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi and thank you, but it’s still not working properly… Please help me out :smile:

Got the message that a third party plugin interfiers with the preview when editing…

Hi Anne,

Sorry but we are not entirely certain of the issue, we need to see it first hand. There’s a lot of sites associated on your account, would you mind provided us the site URL where you’re having the issue and login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

That sounds a memory exhaustion to me, did you try increasing your PHP Memory limit like Prasant suggested above?

Cheers!

sending a secure note

Hello @AnneLiljenberg,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I installed WP Server plugin to see the configuration and can see that you have adequate memory. I also deactivated all plugins but Cornerstone, however it’s still not working and giving the same error message you are seeing.

Can you please update X Theme and Cornerstone, we have released couple of bug fixes updates. Please try them out and see how it goes.

After you have updated the X and Cornerstone, please head over to X > Settings > System click on Clear Style Cache button and then try accessing page in Cornerstone.

If the problem is still there, can you please share FTP details in a secure note for us to take a more closer look?

Thanks.

Done. And still not working. Where do I find the FTP details? Soory for being a noob :blush:

Hi There,

I did check your X theme and it still a few update behind (v6.1.1), please update that to the latest version (v6.1.3) and the Cornerstone as well (3.1.3).

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

You need FTP credentials, if you don’t have an FTP credential please contact your hosting and ask how you can get one.

I recommend you use FileZilla client on connecting to your site/server.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Ok so I have done this, what do I do now?

Hi There,

I’ve just updated your X theme & Cornerstone plugin to the latest version.

Could you please clear all the caches and check again?

Thank you.

Hi thank you for your help, I have done so but it is still not working, I stiull get the message that a third party plugin interfieres with the preview. I’m going crazy here, i need to get this in Place to start working asap.

I get the uh-oh message when I go to edit the page in cornerstone, that’s what I mean.

Ok so I loaded Another demo, Agency, and that works… so obviosly it’s ethos 1 that has a problem

Hey @AnneLiljenberg,

That is weird because stacks are not likely to interfere or cause issues with Cornerstone. Do you want us to continue Ethos 1 in your site? If so, also provide specific links to pages that don’t work.

Thanks.

I tried changing back yo Ethos 1, still doesn’t work. Doesn’t permit any editing at all on the pages, I’m getting the “uh-oh”-messge that says that a third party plugin overrides the preview area. What should I do? I need to get going but I don’t want to compromize with the design…

Hi,

Please let us know what specific page you are trying to edit.

I tried editing your homepage and it seems to work.

Can you provide us a video showing the issue.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.