Ethos 1 - demo - no place holders or sections visible

So I’ve uploaded the demo content - I realize this is a standard demo, but shouldn’t there at least be place holders for the posts and sections shown in the demo? I may as well be starting from scratch with this. What am I supposed to do with this? I can’t even see where things are editable.

I expected something like this:

Please help. I want to create a site pretty much exactly like the demo.

Hi There,

As Ethos 1 is a blog, you will need to add some posts to feature image in order to form the layout.

You can then select the parameters of the stack on X > Theme Options > Ethos

Hope it helps

I’ve already imported all my posts from my old site, my media library and all my pages… There are plenty of posts ready to go, and I’ve already selected Ethos stack for the theme options. Still nothing is showing up on the home page. I am trying to create a size EXACTLY like Ethos, and there aren’t any step by step instructions for how to do this. There aren’t even place holders for the Ethos items so I can click to edit. I am looking at the widgets and I can’t tell which one is for the news slider above the masthead, or how to get my posts on the home page like the demo…

Hey There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

All the best!

Sure, here you go:

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials, but do not show them in public next time. I moved it to a secure note, but you need to change password that for your site security.

It seems you already resolve the issue? This is how your blog page looks on my end now.

For other users who have the same issue, these are the reasons why Ethos 1 Demo looks empty at first.

Keep in mind that Ethos demo 1 is a Blog index page, it will automatically populate your posts, so if you don’t have a post nothing will be populated. And blog index page is not editable in any content builder, even on the WordPress classic editor.

Post Carousel (the slider above header), nothing shows up because it was set to show the Featured post but there is no post that is set to be a featured so nothing shows up on the carousel. Try setting it to Random.

Post Slider (the slider below header), same issue with Post Carousel; It is set to Featured. You can make your post a featured from the Ethos Post Settings. Or you can set it to random as well.

FILTERABLE INDEX option, if you enable this option and put an category ID that does not exist or has no post that associated to it, then no post will show up on your blog index page.

Hope this shed some lights,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.