ETHOS 1: Added Menu doesn't appear

Hello,

I am trying to recreate the Menu structure of the ETHOS 1 demo. I added a menu in Appearance:Menus, but it doesn’t show up in the NavBar.

After that, my issue will be to make the Menu as table, as in the Ethos 1 “Music” demo.

Is there any existing tutorial for that? I have searched but came up empty.

http://outdoormagic.photo

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Please make sure you’ve checked on the Primary Menu under Display location:

Also try the following steps below:

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

• Create a php.ini file with the following values:

memory_limit = 256M
     max_post_vars = 5000
     max_input_vars = 5000

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Thank you @Thai, that did it, along with purging all the caches. Next related question: my sub-menus display as a lateral popups, not as a grid/table like in the Demo. How do I fix that? I don’t see a setting to customize subitems.

Thank you.

Hi Paul,

It’s the megamenu and you still need to configure it. Please check this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-megamenus/99

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Thank you @Rad! This is a really nice configuration option.

Cheers.

Hello @spacename,

Thanks for updating this thread.

By default, the sub menu will just a dropdown. If you want to have column layout structure for your submenus, you will have to configure it which is why we have introduced the MegaMenu. Yes you need to configure Megamenu for you to have a choice to have a drop style submenu or mega menu structured sub menus. Please be reminded that not all sites have more pages or links that needs to be displayed in the submenus. Megamenu is a feature built in the theme that you can utilize without having to install a 3rd party plugin like Ubermenu. This is not a difficulty but an option or feature of the theme.

Hope this make sense.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.