Essential Grid YouTube Stream no longer working

Hi there team,

Just updated a site to the latest version of Pro, and the Essential Grid YouTube streams are no longer pulling-in videos in sequence. Either they’re all missing, or they’re coming in with some videos missing.

I’ve tried creating a new YouTube API key, but that’s not working either.

Nothing has changed at the YouTube channel end - i.e. videos are set to “public”, etc. All the videos are visible on the YouTube channel - just not in Essential Grid.

Please help!

Hi @KEXINO,

I couldn’t replicate this issue on my local installation, the youtube video streaming is showing up just fine:

Please follow up the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.
  7. Turn off all the cache plugins.
  8. Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.

Let us know how it goes!

I couldn’t replicate this issue on my local installation, the youtube video streaming is showing up just fine:

No it’s not.

Note the sequence of videos in the YouTube channel link I sent you. Now compare that sequence to what’s showing in Essential Grid.

Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.

This was checked and confirmed prior to me contacting you.

Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.

Done. No change.

If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1

Not using CloudFlare. CDN cache had been cleared prior to me contacting you. I’ve cleared page cache, CDN cache, object cache, and stream cache. I am not using the Essential Grid cache (Essential Grid > Global Settings).

Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

This was checked and confirmed prior to me contacting you.

Remove custom Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

Done. No change.

Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.

Done. No change.

Turn off all the cache plugins.

Not using any.

Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.

Running php 7.2

Hi @KEXINO,

Since your website is a live site, I would recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive any X/Pro updates in the staging area, do the customization and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

After that, please provide us with URL/User/Pass of your staging site using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Staging site creds attached here.

Hey Gee,

Thanks for providing us with staging access. I saw the issue and there might be some changes in Youtube’s end that affected the setup. No specific has been disclosed though.

I checked your setup and found that your Count setting under the Source tab was set to 12. That was causing the missing videos in my test. Setting it too 1000 seems to fix the issue. I’ve also cleared the Steam Cache for good measure. I’ve tested it twice and it works.

The sequence is not correct in the next page so we’ll need to send this to ThemePunch for further investigation.

You’d also need to clear your browser cache or check in incognito for this.

Thanks.

Well done for finding the bug!

The problem with setting the ‘count’ setting to 1000 is that for one grid I only want to show 3 videos, and for the other grid I only want to show 12.

Is there a way to get hold of the previous version of Essential Grid? That one worked.

Regretfully, we do not have a roll back system so we don’t have a copy of the previous version. The best route for this is to restore from a working backup of your site.

Thanks.

OK, no worries. I’ll see if I can get hold of an earlier version.

Thanks for following-up with ThemePunch - much appreciated.

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.