Essential Grid won't play in Lightbox

I’ve followed all of the directions to get the Lightbox working for essential grid, but nothing I do seems to help.

Summary

www.benjaminaproductions.com/our-work

Also, even though I’ve picked a skin, it seems like the Vimeo controls are overriding it. Is that because I’m just using a free vimeo account?

Hi Benjamin,

Actually, you should not add the videos to the grid. You should have an image representing the video and have the video as the lightbox source:

Please check the video below for more information:

Also, below is the official documentation about the case:

https://www.themepunch.com/essgrid-doc/lightbox-options/

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

Thanks so much for the info - got it working! Only one thing is still iffy…

If you hit the ‘play’ button, it will open the video in the lightbox, but if you click on the image, elsewhere, it will play in its container. How do I make it so that you can ONLY hit the play button?

I had nearly the same problem. Everytime i clicked on a video thumbnail (i use featured images as thumbnails) the video was playing inside the thumb and parallel in the lightbox.

I changed the settings like christopher explained (lightbox > gallery mode) and additional i checked only “Featured Images” at “Source / Item Media Source Order”.

Now the videos are only played in the lightbox.

I hope i could help you!

@christopher.amirian thanks for explanation

Hi There,

Hope this explanation helps you to fix the issue.

Please let us know.

Thanks

@basanta @christopher.amirian

Still having the same issue. Hitting the play button will open up the lightbox, but hitting somewhere else on the thumbnail will play the video in the container. Is that because I’m using a Custom Grid for the source, instead of from Posts?

Hello There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials, if necessary, so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password (only if necessary)

Thank you.

I have updated my OP with the website and username/pass

Hello There,

I have logged in and I have found out the caused of your issue. It is because your grid skin’s layout composition is linked to the media. You will need to set it to be linked to none so that only the Play icon will enable the lightbox.

Please check your site now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.