Essential grid share icons not lining up

On the home page. They were lining up. Then I changed the Link To setting to “share on Facebook” (instead of linking to URL of my facebook page) and now the social media buttons are stacked. I have each of them set to display inline-block. And on the Essential Grid skin settings page it displays the buttons lined up correctly, but the website has them each on a separate line.

Hi,

I checked your homepage but didn’t see any grid. Can you add it back or create a test page and add your grid so we can check why it is not lining up.

Thanks

It’s all one grid. It’s just one column. See the three social media buttons at the bottom of each post are all on separate lines.

Hi,

Please check and make sure you have the same settings below

If that doesn’t help, kindly provde us your wordpress login in Secure Note

Thanks

Yes, I have those set like that. If I set them all to Float right or left, they appear correctly, all on one line. But with Float None, they return to each on their own line.

Hello @bluekat,

Regretfully the given credentials does not work for us. It seems that the password is incorrect.

Anyways, please follow the suggested solution by @Paul and then since you have installed a caching plugin WP Super Cache, please clear your plugin cache before testing your site. This can cause the changes to not take place on the front end. It will eventually show up when the cache regenerates, but it’s not ideal if you’re looking to see your changes immediately. Caching plugins are best to turn on only when you’ve finished building the site.

Please let us know how it goes.

My apologies. I sent the wrong credentials. I updated them in the secure note.

I do clear my cache on a regular basis for wp and browsers, and that has not resolved the issue. I will take your advice however and deactivate WP Super Cache until i’m finished building the site.

Would you please take another look at those pesky social buttons?

Hi @bluekat

It seems to be some conflict with your existing custom CSS rules. Could you please try adding the following CSS rules into your X -> Theme Options -> CSS area and that should resolve your issue.

.eg-herb-hoover-home-element-8-a {
    display: inline-block;
}
.eg-herb-hoover-home-element-10-a {
}
.eg-herb-hoover-home-element-9-a {
}

Hope that helps.

YES! Thank you :grinning:

You’re welcome!
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.