Essential grid randomly doesnt display

Hey @wbc,

I see a report in our issue tracker regarding Essential Grid’s display in Cornerstone.

The loading issue and the code in the front-end of your blog page however are unusual. This would be hard to troubleshoot in your live site because it might break while we’re troubleshooting. Please copy your site to a staging server so we can deactivate all the plugins and find out if those are bugs.

Thanks.

Hi,

I dont have a staging server easily available Im afraid. Is there some way you can debug this with significant impact? I dont mind it being offline for a while.

Thanks,

W

Hi,

You can put your staging site in a sub directory of your existing site.

You can use this third party plugin to create staging.

For the mean time you can try importing essential grid demo and test it in a page in your site.

Hi,

Unfortunately that plugin doesnt work with the latest version of Wordpress. Sorry what do you mean import a demo? I have the plugin the bundled with the theme? Are you suggesting to disconnect that and use the public demo rather than bundled version?

Hi There,

In that case, if you can find a time here’s a guide for setting up a staging site. It is always helpful having a staging site for testing.

Paul’s suggestion is installing /importing a essential grid sample that is included even on bundled version. The intention is to see if that specific issue is happening on that specific grid you have created or if it also happens on a demo grid from the plugin. You can see on Essential Grid > Import/Export. Thank you.

Hi,

After doing some more investigation on the live site, I can see its Cornerstone thats causing the problem. Disable it and the posts display, when its on it causes problems. This is a problem because my posts use a Cornerstone layout. However, when its on the essential grid grid items show a load of cornerstone code.

I dont have the time/skill to create a staging site Im afraid but Im happy for you to do some work (within reason) on the production site as this blog isnt live.

Thanks,

Even to the point that with Cornerstone on the entire page throws a 500 Internal Server error. Without it, it loads

Hi there,

Upon double checking the case I found out that the Blog page is working ok. I disabled the cache plugin you use and it seems to be ok now.

Please consider that the minification functionality of the cache plugin might be the problem cause as all the assets of the theme and the Cornerstone are minified by default and having them minified again by the plugin might be the problem cause.

Also, regarding the Error 500, I suggest that you enable the Wordpress Debugging mode to see the actual error instead of the Error 500.

Thank you.

Thanks for this. Ive managed to get this updated. However, on Ess Grid, Ive put some icons in to the middle drop zone but they dont display as standard for the skin Ive chosen. Sorry, this is the never ending ticket but help appreciated.

Hello There,

I have logged in to your site. Are you referring to this skin?

After editing the skin, please clear your plugin caches. Please be reminded that Essential Grid has its own caching system. Also check your other plugins as well. Clean the plugin caches before testing the site.

Please let us know how it goes.

Which caches are you referring to? Ive already disabled WP Fastest cache, there are no other plugins with a cache that I know of. Ive updated Ess Grid to the latest version, Ive also removed my browser caches.

Where else should I be looking?

Thanks

Ah Ive found the one in global settings for the plugin. Thanks that looks to have resolved it.

Glad it’s okay now :slight_smile:

I seem to be having the same problem. I’ve created a grid for a blog and when I load the shortcode into cornerstone it only displays the filter bar in the editor and shows HTTP ERROR 500 on the front end. When I remove the shortcode from cornerstone the page loads fine?

Hey @Project_Business_Onl,

Please open a separate thread because the cause of the issue might be different. In the new thread, please give us WP admin and FTP access in a Secure Note so we could create a test page in your site and test the Essential Grid and also see your configuration maybe we could find the cause there.

Thanks.

Hi @christian_y, I’ll do that now. Thanks

Thank you for your cooperation.

I eventually lost too many hours messing with Essential Grid which doesnt seem to play nicely with Cornerstone. I switched to TheGrid which also comes with X and since switching Ive had no problems (and the grid looks nicer).

Hey There,

Thanks for letting us know that you have switched and that The grid is working out well enough for you.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.