Essential Grid problem after update

I have a problem with Essential Grid.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘[’ in /storage/content/28/172028/vizstudio.se/public_html/wp-content/plugins/essential-grid/admin/essential-grid-admin.class.php on line 2700

Please help. It came when i updated :slight_smile:

Hello Adam,

Thanks for posting in! Please deactivate the plugin. Log in to your ftp and browse to the plugins wp-content/plugins/ folder. Delete the essential-grid folder. Now go back to X > Validation > Extensions in your WordPress dashboard and re install the plugin.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hey again. Thnx for the quick reply! Sorry to say but that didnt help. I still got the same error.

Hi Adam,

It looks like the files are written with encoding issue (host related), could you try installing it manually through FTP?

Please download the zip file in the secure note and install the copy to your FTP. You can check this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 on how to perform manual updates through FTP.

Thanks!

Hey again
Sorry to say but the error is still exactly the same. I installed it as the manual said through FTP with renaming the folders and all. I also flushed the cache. Still no luck. Still error in line 2700 in the PHP file.

Help! :slight_smile:

Hi There,

I couldn’t replicate this issue on my end. I was able to install the Essential Grid plugin just fine.

Please make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.