Essential Grid - Post Categories not excluding?

Hi,

Currently trying to get 2 categories showing on the Essential Gri but it displays all categories even though it’s not been selected in the options?

Also, what’s the best way to get the images showing full size as it’s currently been cropped off.

Thanks,

Hello Apostle,

Thanks for posting in! Did you added -1 in the maximum post in the Source tab in your grid settings? Please indicate how many items you would like to display instead.

And if it is not working, please provide us access to your site so that we can take a closer look at your Essential Grid settings. You may create a secure note and add the details there. To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Yep, I’ve numbered the number of max posts. I just only want to show 2 categories, however it’s showing all, would like to exclude the podcast category.

Thanks

Hello Apostle,

Yes you only selected two categories but then you added another custom query.

Please remove the additional parameters.

And then edit your skin and make sure that the cover media is set as “Contain”.

To know how to edit the skin, please check out this documentation:

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, yes I added the query to try and exclude the category because when it was empty, it was still happening. I’ve taken it out now and still shows all categories…

Hello There,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.
  5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  6. Turn off all the cache plugins.

Let us know how it goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.