Essential Grid: Pop-up Hosted Video

Hi All,

I am trying to achieve a combination of a couple of the Essential Grid templates, but seem to be stuck at this point.

What I am looking for is to have a video thumbnail pop-up, similar to the VimeoStream template, but the thumbnails to appear similar to Taft (large icons, with mouse-over text).

The video thumbnail should be a static image, and when clicked, the thumbnail enlarges and the video plays.

This should be in-line with other thumbnails that would be static images, with the same enlarging pop-up display.

Any tips, suggestions, etc on how to properly combine these effects would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Howitzer

Hey Howitzer,

You will need to edit the skin of the VimeoStream template to try to replicate the Taft template. To learn how to edit the skin, please read this https://www.themepunch.com/essgrid-doc/item-skin-editor/

Please just note that both templates were made specifically for each demo design and the effects could have been custom coded. In that case, it is impossible to tweak using the Skin Editor. You will need help from ThemePunch directly for this so you need to purchase a standalone Essential Grid license from ThemePunch.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply.

Yea, I was looking into the editor, but the example is using the Stream preset. So as soon as I change that to Custom, I lose all of the template settings. I am not sure how I can edit a preset, or expose what settings are being affected by it so that I can recreate it as a Custom.

I do have a full license for Essential Grid.

Cheers,
Dave

Hey Dave,

Beyond what is offered in the Skin Editor, you will need support directly from ThemePunch. They’ll probably will have insights on how to exactly edit the Vimeo Template to replicate the Taft template.

Regretfully, we can do nothing on our end for this case.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi,

Thanks, I’ve opened a ticket with ThemePunch.

Cheers.

You’re welcome, Dave. Hope they can help.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.