Essential Grid not working after WP Update

Hello,

We upgraded our version of WordPress last weekend, and our Essential Grids are no longer displaying on any pages. Help! Can you please help us figure out what’s wrong and identify a solution?

For example - there should be a big grid on this page, above the blue box - but it doesn’t display: https://learningcycle.freeman.com/toolbox

Much appreciate your insights and help!

Cheers,
DB

Hello Derek,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please update X Theme from 6.3.6 to the latest version 6.4.6 to avoid any compatibility issues as you are using latest version of Cornerstone.

Here’s some resource that you can refer:

For the changelog: https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

Hello, X Theme has been updated to v3.4.6 - but I’m still experiencing the same issue where Essential Grids are not displaying. Can you please re-check?

Hi Derek,

I checked and can see some js script error in the console that could be preventing your essential grid plugin from working.

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

I also notice in Theme Options that the Custom JS is missing.

It should appear like this

Can you try removing the contents of your custom JS by going to your CPANEL > phpmyadmin > WP_OPTION

Then remove the option_value contents for x_custom_scripts

Hope this helps

Hello, I removed any custom JS within the Customizer.

I also cloned the site to a staging environment, deactivated all plugins, and Essential Grid still does not work. Please check out through the login credentials provided.

Any other ideas?

Within the staging environment, please feel free to make any updates or changes you see fit to troubleshoot.

Hi Derek,

Did you already figure out the issue? The grid is showing on both your live and staging site now (please screenshot below). Could be a caching related.

Thanks,

Yes! Thank you for the reply - I just figured out the solution. Within EG’s global settings, there’s an option to move the JS to the footer. This fixed the issue. I never made any changes, so not sure how the issue surfaced - but glad to have found a fix.

Thanks again!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.