Essential Grid Not Loading

Hello support team, I am having problems loading a few pages that contain essential grids.

I have been adding elements to these essential grids over the past few days and am not sure if this has caused the issue.

Some of these pages such as the Drum Free Samples and the Keys Free Samples have a large number of essential grid items, but the others do not, so I don’t think the # of essential grid items has caused this loading problem.

Is there a limit to the number of essential grid items you can have for one grid?

When I try to load these pages I get this screen

Here are the pages and essential grids that are on them that have this error message

[ess_grid alias=“Guitar Free Samples”]

[ess_grid alias=“Drums Free Samples”]

[ess_grid alias=“Keys Free Samples”]

[ess_grid alias=“Chill Free Sample Packs”]

Any help fixing this would be appreciated!

Thanks

Hi There

Thanks for writing in! 504 Gateway Timeout means you’re experiencing a server/hosting related issue.

If you’re using a PHP version below 5.6 please try updating to a version like 5.6.x or above. Also check the plugin version that you’re using on your site and update if you’re using an older version. You can check the latest version numbers from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195)

For more information about this specific error, you can check (https://kinsta.com/blog/504-gateway-timeout/)

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the response @mldarshana

So far I have:

• updated my software and the problem still persists
  • I contacted my hosting provider and the technical support team said it was not a problem with the hosting provider and that it might be related to the websites scripts
  • I deactivated the essential grid plugin and the page now loads but of course without the essential grid.

So it seems like the problem is within the essential grid plugin.

Could anyone take a look at my essential grid and see what is causing this issue?

Thank you

Hi @dstro003,

I am 100% sure that the problem is not Essential Grid and it is the server As the 504 gateway error is 100% a server issue. Now the thing is that the Essential Grid is a resource-intensive plugin and that might cause the server to fail to serve.

But anyway I suggest that you check the case by moving your website to another server or your local machine temporarily and test the case. That way you will make sure that if it is happening on other servers or not.

Please consider that we are not the developers of the Essential Grid and we only include it in the theme, so if there is a problem with the plugin (Which I am 100% sure it is not regarding the error you get) we will only be able to report this to the developers of the plugin. And we will need to wait for their action for the upcoming releases.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for all the help. I have solved the issue.

1 Like