Essential Grid not loading when page initially loads

Hi,

I’m having an issue with Essential Grid. When I click on the page that has the grid, it shows up blank with no grid. If I do a force reload, THEN the grid shows up. I’d like it to load properly the first time as expecting an end-user to know to reload isn’t an option. Can you help? I’ll put credentials in private.

Thanks!
Jen

I have one other issue I forgot to mention…the link from the grid to another page isn’t working either. I have the upper right grid item that has a link. The rest are unlinked for the moment.

Hi Jen,

Thanks for writing in!

I would like to check but I can’t access the page as your site is currently under construction and the login provided doesn’t seem to work.

Kindly check the login again and let us know.

Thanks

Hi,

Which login isn’t working? There were two, one for the under construction bypass, and one for logging into the Wordpress dashboard. I just went and double checked the wordpress one and it didn’t add when I made it yesterday. It should be working now.

Also a used a grid on the “Team” page as well and it is behaving the same way…it isn’t loading til I refresh the page.

Thanks!
Jen

Jen,

I am another staff checking in. I could not replicate the issue on my browser. At the very first time loading the page, all your grids display as expected including the grid in the team page.

By the way, I have logged in and regretfully I could not do anything else. The user you have provided has a very limited privileges. Please make it as an administrator so that we can investigate your grid settings as to why the link is not working.

Thanks.

Thank you for checking in. I have fixed the privileges on the login account. I’m glad that the grid seemed to work on your end. Were you able to make the link work too (the upper left image has a link that isn’t working).

Let me know if you find anything that could help.

Thanks,
Jen

Hello There,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Switch to parent theme.
  6. Disable all cache plugins.

Let us know how it goes!

Thank you! It was some sort of plug-in conflict issue and the page is loading properly the first time now. However, my page link is still not working (the upper left photo in the grid labelled “atherton” has a link). Have any suggestions as to why that isn’t working?

Hello @petitshoo,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I checked the Essential Grid settings of your website. Under Ess Grid > Projects GRID > Edit Skin > Layer Settings > Link/SEO > Link To please make sure to select Post. I have made the changes for you and now the links are working fine. However, to help you understand I have recorded a screencast that you can take a look.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.