Essential Grid not displaying in Cornerstone or the frontend

I’ve created a grid for a blog and when I load the shortcode into cornerstone it only displays the filter bar in the editor and shows HTTP ERROR 500 on the front end.

When I remove the shortcode from cornerstone the page loads fine?

I get the same issue in “classic element” text field.

Hey @Project_Business_Onl,

I see you’re using the previous version. Please update Essential Grid to the latest compatible version.

If that does not help, please also try testing a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Thanks.

Hi @christian_y,

I updated essential grid with no change, still giving me the same errors. The page only seems to load when I remove the essential grid shortcode. I have other essential grid shortcodes working fine so I deactivated the essential grid plugin and then re-activated it and now I can’t access the site at all.

I receive this error in cornerstone:

Also I assume “3rd party plugins” are plugins that aren’t bundled with the X-Theme package, I’ve deactivated all 3rd party plugins and still receive the above issue.

Hi there,

I checked my installation of the Essential Grid and they work with no problem. So now I am sure it is something related to your environment. I accessed to your website and installed the WP-ServerInfo. You can check that by going to Dashboard > WP-ServerInfo menu item.

I suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  2. Add a new Test Page and use the Essential Grid shortcode inside the Raw Content element
  3. Do the same as the previous step but use another grid in Essential Grid instead of the one you are using.

By the way, it is always possible to access the options of the Cornerstone elements even if the Preview is not working like you gave in the screenshot.

You can use the Skeleton Mode by clicking the proper Icon in the Cornerstone:

Thank you.

Hey @christopher.amirian,

Thanks for the assistance, I’ll follow the above troubleshooting steps and let you know how I go.

cheers,

Steve

Thank you for your cooperation, Steve.

I have increased the PHP memory limit to 512M but that didn’t solve the issue. I contacted my hosting provider and they are saying that it’s X Theme causing the issue?

I have uninstalled X Theme and reinstalled it. When I try to add a new page I get a prompt saying “are you sure you want to do this”, “Please try again”?

Hi there,

It could be something else, would you mind providing your FTP login credentials as well? Are you on shared hosting? It seems to be varying on my end.

Thanks!

@Rad,

My hosting company is Bluehost. I access it through the C-panel, I’ll send through the login details in a Secure note

Hi there,

It won’t log any errors, not even the warnings. Could we try this on another staging besides Bluehost? I also checked their error logs section in host panel, and not even one is logged.

The grid is properly displaying in the front, so for now, please ignore the issue and I’ll continue checking it.

Thanks!

Hi @Rad,

Where are all the other grids I created? It was only the one grid that wasn’t showing up.

I’m going to uninstall Essential Grid and use “The Grid” plugin that comes with X-Theme as I’ve spent days on this issue and it doesn’t seem to be getting resolved.

I’m still getting “are you sure you want to do this”, “Please try again”? everytime I try to add a new page. The page appears under the pages tab however this is an error that i’d like resolved.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks.

Hey Steve,

The “Are you sure you want to do this”, “Please try again”? issue has several causes. Please see this article to troubleshoot that issue.

Also check if your have correct WordPress files and folders permission. See http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-fix-file-and-folder-permissions-error-in-wordpress/ for more details.

Thanks.

Ok thanks,

I’ll have a look and let you know how I go.

Cheers,

Steve.

Thanks, Steve.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.