Essential Grid not displaying in cornerstone or front end

Morning,

I have created my first essential grid and put it in a new page. I tried using a raw content element and snippet but could not see the grid in cornerstone or on the front end. I put it in the classic grid element and it shows its there but wont let me see it in cornerstone. The images are not showing up on the front end either. I found another topic similar to this but all the resolutions that person was given I have tried and still nothing. Am I uploading wrong?

URL: https://jtcerakote.com/cerakote-gallery/

When I inspect the page in chrome I can’t see the grid at all. All div’s are containers with no content.

Thank you in advance,

Stephanie

Hey Stephanie,

Thanks for writing in!

There is no content on this page: https://jtcerakote.com/cerakote-gallery/
I have checked the column and it is empty.

I am also guessing that you have installed Jetpack plugin. Please disable the site accelerator. The Site Accelerator will cached all your images and sometimes it has some problems loading the images. One of the limitations of photons:

No cache invalidations – currently the images are cached “forever”.
If you want to “refresh” an image you will need to change the name of the image.
Adding random query arguments, commonly known as cachebusters, will not work.

You can check it here: https://jetpack.com/support/site-accelerator/ for further information.

For the time being, please disable Site Accelerator module and test your site again. You will find that the full images will be displayed without a hitch.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

I saw the same thing when I inspected the page, was driving me crazy…

Thank you for that. Jetpack seems to be a waste. The site accelerator and lazy loading features have issues and I have no idea why. I also will assume that the classic grid element is no longer supported along with the gravity forms element, seeing as it only works in classic raw content element? And is there a reason I can’t see the images in cornerstone, is that normal?

Stephanie

Hello Stephanie,

The grid element, slider element and gravity form element may not render in Cornerstone or Pro editor preview area. That is to prevent any issues or conflict with the builder. It will just say something that “Preview not available…”.

Once you save the page and view the live page, the grid, slider or the form will display.

Hope this helps.

Hey RueNel,

I did see that when I had it in the grid element in cornerstone, but it didn’t show on the front end. That is what I had it in when we started this conversation where we saw the div but it was contentless. It stayed that way after jetpack. So i put the shortcode in a snippet and in a raw content element. It only displayed in the raw content element so thats what I am running with. The grid does seem to overflow the container though. I have the grid set to full width which displays how I want it to, however, I was hoping it would stay within the width of the section it is in. You can see the outline of the container behind the image grid/ gallery.
Any thoughts?

Stephanie

Hello Stephanie,

To better assist you with your issue, please provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thanks.

I believe I already have that in the secure note. Can you see it?

Hey Stephanie,

The correct Layout to be used is Boxed. The Fullwidth Layout option will disregard the container.

The problem though is that the grid needs a container that has a defined width in order for it to display properly. Since it was placed in a Raw Content element which does not have sizing options or relies on its content for the width, the grid does not display the full width of the container.

That can be remedied by adding a width:100% inline CSS to the Raw Content element.

You also need to ensure that all screen sizes use a single column setup in the Row settings.

Your grid’s displaying within the container now.

Hope that helps.

Christian,

Thank you! You all are amazing. So much of this is new to me and I am thankful for all of the assistance you give to us. Mostly though, I appreciate the fact that you take the time to explain why the fix is the fix needed so I don’t have the same problem in the future and can handle it myself.

Best Regards,

Stephanie

You’re most welcome! And we’re glad we could help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.