Essential Grid - Meta Image showing as URL

After setting up a custom meta called ‘eg-service-image’ set as an image, I selected an image for one of the posts and what I’m getting is the URL showing in the grid item instead of the image (I’ve blurred the first part of the URL in the image). The image is a PNG, but I get the same results with a JPG.

Hello Trevor,

Thanks for writing in! Please make sure that in the grid skin, you are displaying the image with an image element. If you use text element, then it will display the url instead. We’d love to check your grid and its settings. Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Thanks, I’ll set up the login, but how do you select an image element? This is a Meta Key element that is specified as an image. The image is selected in the post for that Meta key, but is showing as text - i don’t see where to specify it as an image in the grid skin? I placed an icon in there as a placeholder, but when Source is “Post” and Element is “Meta” it always showa as text (“META”) in the grid diagram.

Hi Trevor,

Regretfully the given credentials is not working for us. Please double check it.
You might also need to temporarily disable the Google Authenticator while we are troubleshooting.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry, I disabled authenticator

Hi Trevor,

Sorry, the credentials still now working, please check.

Thanks,

Hey Trevor,

Thanks for updating the credentials. You have posted it publicly though so I deleted it for your security. It’s best that you change it again and post in the secure note next time.

Regarding the issue, there’s no interface in Essential Grid that will output the image automatically. You’ll need to use a Text/HTML layer and manually code an image tag and with the meta key as the value of the image src.

Hope that helps.

Thanks very much!

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.