Essential Grid Limit

Is there a limit of how many posts that essential grid will show? I have over 7000 post and essential grid only shos about 350 of them.

Hi There,

As per their documentation, there’s no limit on the number of post. In fact, there’s an option where we can add maximum limit under Source tab
Default -1 values mean there’s no limit define.

I have that set to -1. It is still limited for some reason.

Sorry for the confusion. Though it virtually can display unlimited post, it depends on your server setup and capacity. It is also not good to display 7,000 post even if you have lazy loading. With that said, there is a limit but not on the plugin’s side.

Thanks.

I was able to show all before. Im not wanting to show all on one page. I would like pagination and different pages.

Here are additional items you could check:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

If those doesn’t work, it could be hosting related.

Thanks.

I still can not figure out why it will not show everything. Are you able to take a look for me?

Hello There,

Could you please provide the url where we can check your grid? If possible, it would be much helpful if we could also take a closer look at your grid settings.

Thank you in advance.

www.hvac-hacks.com

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in.

In your Source post types, there are multiple Post types and the selected is the second Post. Instead, I selected the first Post and it works. The pagination is now up to 27 instead of 4.

I’m not sure where the other Posts are coming from, but make sure to name your custom post types different from default post types.

Thanks!

No!! You changed the wrong page! My problem is on the hack pics page the pagination is only up to 27 when there should be ALOT more! Im not sure what you did but now I can not get it back like it was!!! Client is upset

Hi there,

As I mentioned, I only changed the Post type selection from second’s Post to first Post. You can put it back, what page you’re referring? Because It’s not the page that I changed, it’s the grid setting for [ess_grid alias="newspage"]. Plus you only have few grids and it’s the only one that has Post as source type, and the Post type has 7k posts. I’m pretty sure I edited the correct grid.

And like I said, I’m not sure where and why those post types are duplicated more than once. You may want to contact a developer for this issue as this may need immediate attention. You need to find out where and what post type uses the same name as Post. It could be an internal or database issue, which of course causes all your current issues.

I also checked and you set it back to second Post but yes, it’s still not working and it’s because of this

{"success":true,"message":"","data":{"html":"<!-- CACHE CREATED FOR: 3 -->","preview":"<li id=\"eg-0-post-id-\" class=\"filterall eg-jason-wrapper eg-post-id- eg-newli\">\n<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"layers[]\" value=\"[]\" \/><div class=\"esg-data-handler\" data-exists=\"{&quot;title&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;wc_star_rating&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;wc_add_to_cart_button&quot;:&quot;&quot;}\" style=\"display: none;\"><\/div><div class=\"esg-atoolbar\" style=\"display:block !important;width:100%;height:30px;top:0px;left:0px;position:absolute;z-index:10;background-color: transparent; padding: 0;\">\n <div class=\"btn-wrap-item-skin-overview-0\">\n<div class=\"eg-item-skin-overview-name\"><a href=\"javascript:void(0);\" title=\"Move\" style=\"cursor: move;\" class=\"eg-ov-10 eg-overview-button revdarkblue eg-tooltip-wrap \"><i class=\"eg-icon-menu\"><\/i><\/a><a href=\"javascript:void(0);\" title=\"Move one before\" class=\"eg-ov-11 eg-overview-button eg-btn-move-before-custom-element revyellow eg-tooltip-wrap \"><i class=\"eg-icon-angle-left\"><\/i><\/a><a href=\"javascript:void(0);\" title=\"Move one after\" class=\"eg-ov-12 eg-overview-button eg-btn-move-after-custom-element revyellow eg-tooltip-wrap \"><i class=\"eg-icon-angle-right\"><\/i><\/a><a href=\"javascript:void(0);\" title=\"Move after #x\" class=\"eg-ov-13 eg-overview-button eg-btn-switch-custom-element revyellow eg-tooltip-wrap \"><i class=\"eg-icon-angle-double-right\"><\/i><\/a><a href=\"javascript:void(0);\" title=\"Delete Element\" class=\"eg-ov-4 eg-overview-button eg-btn-delete-custom-element revred eg-tooltip-wrap \"><i class=\"eg-icon-trash\"><\/i><\/a><a href=\"javascript:void(0);\" title=\"Duplicate Element\" class=\"eg-ov-3 eg-overview-button eg-btn-duplicate-custom-element revcarrot eg-tooltip-wrap \"><i class=\"eg-icon-picture\"><\/i><\/a><a href=\"javascript:void(0);\" title=\"Edit Element\" class=\"eg-ov-2 eg-overview-button eg-btn-edit-custom-element revgreen eg-tooltip-wrap \"><i class=\"eg-icon-cog\"><\/i><\/a><\/div>\n <\/div>\n <div class=\"clear\"><\/div>\n\n <\/div>\n\n <div class=\"esg-media-cover-wrapper\">\n<div class=\"esg-entry-media\"><\/div>\n\n <div class=\"esg-entry-cover esg-fade\" data-delay=\"0\">\n\n <div class=\"esg-overlay esg-fade eg-jason-container\" data-delay=\"0\"><\/div>\n\n\t\t\t\t<div class=\"esg-center eg-post-0 eg-jason-element-32-a esg-slide\" data-delay=\"0.1\"><a class=\"eg-jason-element-32 eg-post-0\" href=\"javascript:void(0);\" lgtitle=\"demo mode\"><i class=\"eg-icon-search\"><\/i><\/a><\/div>\n <\/div>\n<div class=\"esg-entry-content eg-jason-content\">\n\t\t\t\t<div class=\"esg-content eg-post-0 eg-jason-element-0-a\" data-custom-type=\"title\"><a class=\"eg-jason-element-0 eg-post-0\" href=\"javascript:void(0);\" target=\"_self\"><\/a><\/div>\n <div class=\"esg-content eg-jason-element-31 esg-none esg-clear\" style=\"height: 5px; visibility: hidden;\"><\/div>\n <div class=\"esg-content eg-jason-element-26 esg-none esg-clear\" style=\"height: 5px; visibility: hidden;\"><\/div>\n<\/div> <\/div>\n\n<\/li>\n"}}

It’s being cached, the HTML only contains <!-- CACHE CREATED FOR: 3 -->, you may need to check that out too.

Thanks!