Essential grid - item padding fix

Hello there,

I’m trying to solve why when loading my essential grid, it sometimes load correctly and sometimes completely off and even sometimes in wrong order. I know it has to do something with item padding I added in skin editor and using two different skins in my grid, but could you solve this for me?

Edit: If it loads correctly and you try to resize the browser the grid also changes to the wrong position.

Hey @vojtechzikmund,

Thanks for writing in!

Because you have selected “Masonry” in the Grid Layout in the Grid Settings, the post items will have to be aligned and rearrange the order like a masonry. Masonry script will automatically fit grid items in place especially if the grid items have different in height. Please use Boxed with Even or Coobles so that you will have a uniform even grid items.

Hope this helps.

I have found a way around this, but I’m desperately trying to find out why I cannot make links to whole item work. I have done everything they do say on their support page, but nothing seems to work.

https://www.themepunch.com/essgrid-doc/grid-item-links/#link-whole-item

I would also like to make it work like that when hovering anywhere over the grid item the Title would do the hover option I set (line-through).

Any idea?

Hey @vojtechzikmund,

Setting the link to Cover won’t work because you don’t have a cover. What you have is Media.

You then need to set your grid elements individually.

Hope that helps.

@christian_y thank you for clarifying it. Is there a way to make the title hover effect being applied to the whole grid item when hovering over it?

Hi @vojtechzikmund,

Unfortunately, that’s not currently possible. It’s only limited to the features provided within grid skin editor/layout. It doesn’t have simple structure so fixing it with CSS wouldn’t be enough. But I think it’s doable with custom development which we can’t provide here in the forum.

Thanks!

@Rad thank you for clarifying that. hypothetical question, if I ditched using the essential grid, wouldn’t this be easier done within Pro content maker and some custom CSS?

Hey @vojtechzikmund,

Regretfully, no. That’s because grid plugins like the Essential Grid already have preset grid styles and features. You can create a grid using the Content Builder but that would require manual grid creation. You also need to have knowledge of CSS.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.