Essential Grid - Instagram Stream - Account with this username does not exist

Hello,

We have an instagram feed on the bottom of our home page: meganfaheyrd.com which has been functioning fine for some time and randomly in the past few weeks it seems to have dropped off. It currently reads “account with this username does not exist.”

After having done some research we have gone through the following checklist:

wordpress is up to date
x theme is up to date
essential grid is version 2.3.2
other usernames come up with the same error
we removed and reinstalled essential grid
we have deactivated all third party plugins
the instagram page is publicly available

nothing has corrected the issue. please let me know what more I can do to correct this issue.

Hello @jbdigitalstrategies,

Thanks for writing in!

There is an issue with the Instagram Stream due to the changes of the Instagram API. The developers of the Essential Grid plugins were already aware of the situation and will be providing a solution anytime soon.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi! i noticed there was an Essential Grid plugin update just now… but it didnt fix the problem for me… any more information about this?

Hello @jamievilasini,

Thanks for updating the thread.

So far we haven’t released update for Essential Grid. Let me share about the update process. Once Plugin developer releases update for bundled or approved plugin we then test the update on our end for compatibility. Only then update is released for our customers. Sometimes we might be behind the update schedule and that’s because we are testing the updates as they are released for compatibility.

I checked the Codecanyon page of Essential Grid and over there I see last time update was released on 14th August 2019. In any case we will communicate about the update from our news and changelog section.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

Hi Prashant,

I see that they say on the code canyon website that the last release was Aug 14th, but last night they released version 2.3.3. It was 2.3.2 and an update appeared, so i updated it hoping it would fix the instagram issue but according to the update notes it didnt even address the issue. For those of us that are relying heavily on these social media feeds to work for our sites, i really hope they make a patch and release it soon. It would be great to know an ETA.

Thanks!

Hi @jamievilasini,

As we aren’t the developers of the plugin, unfortunately, we are not in the position to give any ETAs or promises. But we have a mean of communication with the developers which we will use to inform the developers that our customers are also affected.

Thank you for your patience.

Is it possible to rollback the update for Essential Grid to 2.3.2? Where can I find the package in the account?

Hello Deepak,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

You can get Essential Grid version 2.3.2 by downloading complete package from Themeforest under downloads section. Click on Download > All files and Documentation. Once the package is downloaded under Extensions folder you can get Essential Grid zip file.

Thanks.

Essential Grid is still not working, but i just downloaded the latest version of The Grid plugin and they have fixed the instagram feed problem, so thats a good fix for now!

Hello @jamievilasini,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Yes, till the time Essential Grid team releases update, customers have the option of using The Grid Plugin.

https://theme-one.com/the-grid/instagram-2/

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.