Essential Grid Instagram stops working

Hi Support Team,

The essential grid Instagram feed stops working today, it shows a “Account with this username does not exist” message.

It has been working and we didn’t make any changes to it. The instagram account username is also correct.

Can you please advise how can I fix this issue?

Thank you,
Shan

1 Like

Hello this happening to us as well

Thanks

1 Like

Hello Shan,

Thanks for writing in! Please do check if the user profile is public. If it is private, it might not display the the grid items. If nothing is helping, Would you mind providing us access to your site so that we can check your settings? Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Hi RueNel,

Thanks for your reply!

Our instagram accounts are not private, they are public. It happened on more than one site we hosted here.

As I mentioned, we didn’t make any changes on our websites or the instagram accounts, I guess something went wrong with the essential grid plugin.

I’m sorry we are not allowed to provide our login credentials.

Would there be any other reason cause this issue?

Thanks,
Shan

Hello Shan,

Which version of the Essential grid are you using? I am using 2.3.2 and I could not replicate the issue on my testing server. Would you mind providing us access to your site so that we can check your settings? Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thanks.

Hey Carly,

The given password is NOT working for us. Please create a separate thread thread with the correct details in it.
For now, I will remove your login credentials because you are not the owner of this thread and Shan maybe able to see it.

Regards.

Hi There,

We can not replicate the issue on our end, please do a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If that did not work, please try switching to parent X Theme, and see if that resolves the issue.

If the issue still persists, try re-installing your Essential Grid plugin.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

I am also having this same problem with Essential grid and instagram. It does not matter what account I use. It was working and then just stopped. I had not changed anything before it stopped working. I have deactivated all plugins and reinstalled essential grid and it still does not work. Please help.

1 Like

Hello we have done all this and the issue persists

Same here. Get error “Response code is 429. Body: Error Please wait a few minutes before you try again.”. I reported this like 2 weeks ago. Only happens when searching by user, not by tag.

Hey Rima,

You have a different kind of issue. At this time we kindly ask that you open up your issue in a separate thread. The longer threads get in the forum, they become more difficult to support as they tend to drift off topic and they also make it troublesome for users trying to search for solutions. Keeping threads relevant to their original inquiry ensures that we can keep better track of what has been resolved and that users can more effectively find answers to similar issues they might be experiencing.

Thank you for your understanding.

No problem. Done

Thank you.

Hello is there a fix yet? I responded a few days ago, we’ve deactivated everything and it’s still not working

Hello Adwin,

Thanks for updating the thread.

We are aware of the issue and are waiting for the plugin developer to release update. Once Plugin developer releases update for bundled or approved plugin we then test the update on our end for compatibility and after that we release the update.

We will communicate about the update from our news and changelog section.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks for understanding.

This is happening for us too, sorry to hear others are suffering, very annoying

1 Like

Hi Phil,

To give you an update about this problem, we already informed the plugin developer about the issue. The cause of the problem is the latest changes in the Instagram API, which causes the current code of the plugin obsolete.

I want to share this link with you, which shows that other customers of the plugin also reported the case, and the plugin developer acknowledged and added to their issue tracker:

Now to follow up the case please check this link periodically:

Scroll down to find the Updates /Release Log section. If there is a new version with the fix for the Instagram introduced, you will see on that section.

We will do our best to get the new version as soon as it is released and start testing it on our theme to make sure it will work correctly and will not have any conflict, and then we will release the new version. It might take a while so we can not promise to have a release on our site as soon as the plugin new version is released as we need to test the new version on our theme first.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Thanks Chris
I knew you guys would be on it. As an interim measure I’m going to use The Grid. Its been 2 weeks and it’s obviously not a simple fix.
cheers
Phil

You are most welcome Phil!

I also switched to another provider. Instagram Feed works like a charm.