Essential Grid Font Issue

Hello - I just updated to the latest version of Essential Grid (2.3.3) and now have an issue with the font that is being used in my grids. The live versions of the grid are showing an incorrect font:

The editor preview tool is still showing the correct version of the font:

First time this has happened after an update. I tried deactivating and reactivating the plug-in and also re-saving the grid, but no luck. Here is the active page: https://gamejobhunter.com/video-game-cities/

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you try disabling the Automatize plugin first then let’s check again? The font is coming from the cache from that plugin so I can’t really trace its origin. Perhaps, it’s the cause of this font issue :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi @Rad - ok, I first deleted the cache for that plug-in, and then disabled. Still seeing the font issue.

Hey Paul,

In that case please get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

@Nabeel - done.

Hi Paul,

The essential grid has it’s own way of loading its font, and it’s not loading on the front page which is weird because the code is there, it’s executed properly except the font isn’t loaded.

This is not caused by the theme since it still happens when I activated another theme. Could you try creating this a staging of your site and we’ll check there? It should be possible since you’re on SiteGround. I like to check it there, as my personal opinion, SiteGround has history of weird issues due to internal caching.

Thanks!

@Rad - I think I have a staging site set up correctly. Take a look and let me know.

Hey Paul,

Please double check the WP credentials for your staging site. It is not working for us.
It seems that the username is invalid.

Thanks.

The staging site is pw protected, that 2nd secure note should get you by the password. The login creds from the 1st secure note should get you into the WP dashboard after you’re past the password protection for the staging site.

Hi Paul,

It appears the Punch Fonts are no longer working on your setup (but works okay on my installations). You can confirm that while editing the skin and it’s no longer listed for the dropdown.

This is from your installs

This is from my installation

Then I went to Theme Options > Typography and enable font manager after adding Raleway font. And it started working https://staging1.gamejobhunter.com/video-game-cities/, which only means the EG’s Punch font is failing to load it and I’m not sure the exact cause, it could be data related.

Please note that this font configuration is nothing related to Punch fonts or Essential Grid, I only applied it to the headlines so the theme would load the Raleway font. And since Raleway font has just the same name regardless of who is loading it then it works too on Essential Grid.

For now, the solution that I can recommend is adding Raleway font through the theme, or use other fonts available from the listing. I’ll continue checking but this is more on Punch font related issue which I am not fully familiar, I can’t say this is a bug as it’s okay on my install with the same version. If you have time, I also recommend setting a clone/staging outside SiteGround, as per my checking, the added fonts are not saved or generated to the list, and in comparison to the theme, it doesn’t need to be saved since the fonts are already part of the core and you’re only given the option to which font will be loaded.

Thanks!

Hey @Rad - thanks for the very detailed explanation, I really appreciate it. I went through those steps, which did fix the essential grid fonts. I did have to change my other site header copy which is fine for now. If you figure out what the issue is with Punch Fonts I’d love to know!

We are delighted to assist you with this. The issue is not happening on our end, might have something happened on your update process (corrupted data), reinstalling the Essential Grid and making sure all the caching are clear might have resolved the issue.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.