Essential grid filtering

I have a custom post type which has 2 taxonomies.

1. Post category
  2. Country
  3. Gender

I’d like to display essential grid which are in a specific category. This is fine but I’d like to have the country filter in the grid. When I select the post category lets call it category A and select all items in the country taxonomy, the grid displays posts from all category while I only need from category A. When I change the query from OR to AND then none of the post is displayed because none of the post matches the query(no post which are in all the countries).
I want the logic to be in category A AND in any country.

Hello @Faizan,

Thank you for the details.

Your Essential Grid source must be category A AND all country. All the country tags must be selected. And in the “Nav Filter Sort” tab, you will have to have “Multiple” as your Filter Groups.

I would love to check your grid. Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

I have attached the details in the secret text.
I need the source of the grid to be
“Mens clothing AND any country”
The grid ID is 1. If you need to put any code you can put in “Code snippets” plugin. It won’t cause any fatal errors if there’s a mistake somewhere.

Hi @faizan,

You mean you only wish to display items from Mens clothing category by default, while it can be sub-filtered by country? If yes, then I created a duplicate of your grid with that setting. Could you try checking if it’s the correct one?

Or does it needs to have gender filter too?

Thanks!

Yes that’s what I mean. But the duplicate grid you made doesn’t display accurate results.
Men’s category has only one post while it shows all the posts of all countries.
All posts which are resulted should be there in men’s category. And the posts from men’s category should be filterable by country.

Hi @faizan,

It appears category relation AND only works on the same taxonomy, and AND is the one you’re looking but not achievable with those existing features. I tried with many different options but it’s not working, it can’t be filtered by two taxonomy at the same time using AND. While OR works, it displays all the items since it’s OR condition (it’s either condition).

For that, it’s best to just use all categories and filters at the same time instead of specific to mens clothing.

Thanks!

Will this work for me? If yes, could you give me an example? https://www.themepunch.com/faq/combine-and-with-or-for-category-relation-advanced/

Hello @Faizan,

The given URL only handles the category. This will not work in your case because you are dealing with custom post type and custom taxonomy.

What you want to do is beyond the capability of the plugin. It may be possible with further custom development adding a custom PHP code to handle custom taxonomies. Regretfully this custom coding is way outside the scope of our support. You may need a 3rd party developer or someone who is familiar with WP Queries and with the plugin as well.

If you have any further questions about the theme, we are more than happy to provide you with assistance on these inquiries.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.