Essential Grid filter and search are not visible when using shortcodes

Hi, on this page:

Summary

http://lumenis.onpressidium.com/solutions/aesthetic/news-events/in-the-media/

We have an essential grid with search and filter added through shortcodes to the page. The search and filter are not visible because of the following CSS:

.esg-filter-wrapper {
visibility: hidden;
}

What is causing that and how it can be fixed?

It should appear where pointed in the screenshot:

Thanks!

Hi There,

I couldn’t replicate this issue on my end:

Please ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.

If it doesn’t help, please add this custom CSS under Theme Options > CSS:

.esg-filter-wrapper.minimal-light {
    visibility: visible !important;
}

If you would like to learn CSS, please take a look at following resource:

https://www.w3schools.com/css/

Thanks.

The plugin and theme are up to date. I know I can use css workaround to solve this issue but it won’t really fix the source of the problem. Probably some setting or configuration is adding css to the grid and I want to gain control over it rather than overriding it with other css. I went through the documentation of Essential Grid but there is nothing that I have found that relates to filters visibility.
I have another site with another theme with the same version of essential grid which this issue does not replicate in. Please help me to track this issue so it can be properly solved. Thanks.

Hi @Amir.Caspi,

It’s not due configuration since it should be displaying okay by default once you place the filter to their designated area. I think this is more on javascript, all elements start hidden and once loaded, javascript will display them and in your case, it fails. I can’t find anything on that page other than internal error on this URL /wp-content/uploads/smile_fonts/Defaults/Defaults.css?ver=4.9.7.

Would you mind providing your login credentials in a secure note? Maybe I can find something there that cause the filter to fail.

Thanks!

Summary

Hi @Amir.Caspi,

I see it now, you placed the filter through shortcodes then the grid is a separate element. Instead of adding it a shortcode, place your filter correctly above your grid through Grid’s filter setting.

You can do that by dragging and dropping your filter to the drop zone.

Thanks!

Hi @Amir.Caspi,

Update: I can confirm this bug and it’s due to the plugin itself. I’m adding this to our issue tracker and please use that temporary workaround for now.

Thanks!

I will, but this issue doesn’t appear in another theme I have, are you sure it’s 100% related to the plugin?
Thanks!

Hi,

Try to check the version numbers, it maybe different,
Anyway my colleague have already added this to our issue tracker.
Our web development will review it if it’s the theme or the plugin itself that is causing the issue,

Thanks

Same version (latest). Thanks, please update me if there is a fix other than the CSS workaround.
Thanks.

Hi @Amir.Caspi,

We’re not really sure when it will be available but it should be included in the future updates. This thread is also added so may able to update this thread but we’re not sure as we can’t monitor it in real time.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.