Essential Grid Errors

Good Morning,

As of the 11th of Jan we have been getting PHP errors with essential grid & was wondering if you could help? Website has been working fine & last week I decided to update theme/plugins (was no essential update) but now we seem to be using alot of our CPU allocation on shared hosted server.

The domain it tekserv.co.uk & the error below is being created often in our logs & was just wondering if this is a bug with the plugin or something on the website causing this

[15-Jan-2018 13:14:01 UTC] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tekserv5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/essential-grid/includes/external-sources.class.php on line 912

Regards,
Andrew

Hey Andrew,

I don’t have this issue in my test site using the latest versions. Please check for the following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date

2. Uninstall Essential Grid then reinstall again via X > Overview. If you’re using Pro, it would be Pro > Overview

3. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

5. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

6. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

The PHP warning you posted is unlikely to cause issues. You can hide error messages by following this article.

The given credentials also does not work. Please check.

Thanks.

Thank you for the updated credentials.

The issue you’re experiencing most likely comes from using a lot of plugins. You have 2 caching plugins which is not recommended. You also have Autoptimize which is known to cause issues if setup incorrectly.

You’re also using X 5.1.1 and Cornerstone 2.0.6 which is a bit far from the latest version. Please update to the latest version. Please follow our update guide to avoid update problems.

You also have added scripts and CSS (see Secure Note).

Did you try what I suggested previously? You need to do the troubleshooting then tell us the results. We need to know if X, Cornerstone or Essential Grid is causing the issue and not third party factors.

Thanks.

apologies for the delay christian.

The troubleshooting did not resolve the issues so reverted back to working version of the website which has cleared all the issue part from a new one with the homepage.

I have restored from a previous version of website that was working 01/01/18. All themese/plugins have been updated.

The homepage will not load & I can not edit this in cornerstone either “The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.” I was wondering if you could please advise on this? Cheers.

Hi there,

It looks like there is a loop, the issue is still the essential grid and it’s affecting the loading of your page. I tried a different copy and still the same.

I also tried changing some configuration and it has no effect.

Could you try this in newly installed Wordpress (sub-folder)? Just install Essential Grid and import the grid. My first impression is the performance issue, but I like to see if it will be the same.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.