Essential Grid Element (background/rows)

I had an earlier thread where I had an issue getting the grid to appear. Now it works beautifully and I was even able to modify for my color scheme.

However, now the issue is that I created a section/row for it in Cornerstone, but it doesn’t lay on the background, it looks like two different rows, with different backgrounds, but there really is only one row.

ADDED: It’s behaving as a link (I know this because I changed a link color in X>Theme Options>Colors and I changed it a couple of times and ech time it changed the background to that color).

Adding screenshot:

Thanks in advance!
M.

Hi there,

I tried to access your website and I get a 403 error. Please kindly give us more detailed information and the best way is that you get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website using a Secure Note.

Give us the name of the page you are working on. Also, tell us exactly what you want to achieve so maybe we can suggest you a better alternative way to do it.

I suggest that you add a new section and click on the magnifying glass option of the section to add the background information there. Then move the Essential Grid element to that new section. The reason I ask you to do so is that the current section you are working may be a classic one which you have created before and it might have the old way of styling stuff.

Thank you.

Seinding a secure note…thx!

Hi there,

Hi there,

It looks like the structure of that existing page is corrupted. I saved your home page as a template and inserted it on a test page, and the structure is displayed correctly.

The grey background is from a broken section which is the upper section.

Thanks!

Thanks so much!

Edited to ask: So can I use the HOME page now? Do I have to create a new Home page?

Thanks!

Hey @ABWosp,

If you have fixed your home page, you can use it. Otherwise, you can set the test page @Rad has created as your home page.

Thanks.

How do I fix the home page?

Hello @ABWosp,

Thanks for updating thread. :slight_smile:

You can set the home page from Settings > Reading > Your homepage displays > A static page (select below) > Homepage.

Thanks.

So what I am asking is: how do I fix “the structure” of the “corrupted page” so that I don’t have to use the template?

Thanks!

Hi there,

We are not sure what caused the problem, but I am afraid you will not be able to fix the corrupt page, you either need to create a new homepage or use the Test page which my colleague mentioned as your homepage.

Thank you.

What you all created looks different, tho. There is a white space I didn’t have before…and a large sidebar. How can I create a new homepage and where to I set it as the home? I really put a lot of work into this and am behind schedule…

Hi There,

This was the issue:

Your first section (Introduction) is completely empty (not even a Row) which is causing the HTML markup to mess up on the front-end.

Once I added a Row on your first section the HTML markup works fine.

You can remove that first section if you don’t have anything to put in there.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Christopher wrote: [quote=“christopher.amirian, post:10, topic:30389”]
We are not sure what caused the problem, but I am afraid you will not be able to fix the corrupt page, you either need to create a new homepage or use the Test page which my colleague mentioned as your homepage.
[/quote]

But Friech said:

Just to clarify because I’m getting very conflicting answers: the above (first) quote from another staffer is not accurate? It was able to be fixed? And it is now fixed? All I have to do is remove that intro section?

Thanks!

Edited to add second quote

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion.

You can try deleting the first section first and see if that resolves the issue.
If that doesn’t help that is the time you will need to recreate your page.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.