Essential Grid Categories got Overwritten

Hello,

We recently updated the Essential Grid plugin from version 2.2.4.2 to the latest (2.3.1). After doing this, some of the categories that previously were available are missing. Reverting the plugin back to 2.2.4.2 seems to fix this issue. Some of the video content that we use on the site are configured using these categories - but after the update, when the categories are lost, the grid does not display.

I also tried to export the Grid from the working version to the new version. But on clicking “Import Selected Data”, an Ajax error is thrown, and the import doesn’t happen.

Can you help?

Many Thanks,
Sax.

Hey Sax,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hey RueNel,

Thanks for getting back.

I’m able to replicate this on a staging site. Please give me some time, and I’ll set this up for you there so that you can do a direct upgrade and see the difference.

Many Thanks,
Sax.

Hi Sax,

Sure, please let us know. And please provide some screenshots too.

Cheers!

Hi,

Attached are some screenshots of the video section in the homepage, and the selected categories before the update happened.

The screenshots are the Videos from the Home Page (bottom), the “More Videos” button below it and also how the categories were selected.

Once you login, please go to the Updates section and upgrade the Essential Grid plugin to the latest version available there. Once this is done, the videos on the home page and the More Videos section disappear. The categories are also reset.

When I update a copy of the old version (2.2.4.2), everything comes back.

Please let me know if you need further info.

Many Thanks,
Sax.

Hi There,

Upon checking your website, I could see this JS error message:

Please try testing a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Hope it helps.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

That wasn’t a plugin conflict. It was coming from a custom code added within the JS section in X-Theme’s options (script tag added to the JS section by mistake). I have removed that now.

Unfortunately, the issue still persists.

Please login and try updating the Essential Grid plugin. It removes all videos from the home page and the Videos section as given in the screenshots.

Many Thanks,
Sax.

Hey Sax,

I’m not sure why the category or posts are removed after update. I saw a similar thread where the whole Essential Grid Example Posts post type disappeared.

I currently suspect it has to do with updates in the post type. Before, it’s Essential Grid Example Posts:

In my test site, now it’s Ess. Grid Posts.

The Essential Grid Example Post Type was really not meant to be used for a live site moreover that you don’t have control over it. I’d recommend that you create your own post type and move your content over to your custom post type before updating.

Thanks.

Hi Christian.

Thanks, that makes sense. I’ll create a new custom post type and move the content there. Is it advisable to just copy the code of the Essential Grid custom post from the plugin and move it somewhere else (a custom plugin maybe)?

Many Thanks,
Sax.

Hey Sax,

I’m sorry but I’m not sure what code you’re referring to but personally, I would recommend a manual transfer so you’re aware everything you’re adding.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.