Essentail Grid Settings Error

hi,
dfgdf dfg dfg dfg dfg

Hi Thomas,

May I know how did you transfer your site. Try to redo the migration using this third party plugin.

With regards to designing standard blogpost, can you specify what you would like to change.

For the mean time try to browse through our knowledgebase to check available settings for layout and typography

If no settings is available for what you are trying to change then you can add some custom css to change colors, backgrounds etc. Please check video below.

Hope that helps.

I don’t like the idea to redo the transfer, because a friend helped me (it’s his hoster account). And everything works I think, except the essential grid se

Hi there,

It would be possible to see more information that is causing the ERROR 500 in the Essential Grid setting.

Perhaps the PHP memory limit of your local setting is maxed out.

To have more details information about the cause, find the wp-config.php file then search for the line define( 'WP_DEBUG', false ); and set it to true.

Go back to the Wordpress admin’s Essential Grid setting and you should be able to see some error messages.

If it mentions about the memory being exhausted, we’d recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP if you haven’t done so already. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

In case you are getting a different message and you’re not able to get it sorted, please post it here so that we can provide further suggestions.

Hope this helps.

Notice: Use of undefined constant REQUEST_URI - assumed ‘REQUEST_URI’ in /data/web/1/000/046/461/179439/ht

Hi Thomas,

It’s coming from that custom codes, have you tried temporarily removing them and test it again? Though, that’s just a notice and not a fatal error which usually the ERROR 500.

Would you mind providing your FTP login credentials in a secure note as well? You should able to get your FTP information from your hosting provider.

Thanks!

1 Like

I have attached it to the post, thanks

btw I have no i

Hi there,

Based on the code that you have indicated that is causing the issue, it seems that some of your site files are compromised. I assume that those codes are not added by you as well.

If my assumption is correct, you will have to clean up your site files and get rid of the malicious code that are causing the issue. To do that, kindly install the Wordfence plugin and run a scan for your website files.

If it detects some malicious codes injected in the files or files that are not supposed to be there, it will show up in the scan result and you can do the cleanup from there.

Hope this helps.

thank you, I have used wordfence to scan. I have removed the strange code in functions.php and deleted these malware files. I have deleted all the other standard wordpress themes. And increased memory etc in the htaccess file. I have deactiveted the plugin essential grid, woo commerce. custom 404, soliloquy. Seems now everything works again :slight_smile: Thank you

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.