Esoteric Menu Issue

I have a problem on a site when you tap on a menu item it doesn’t work, but only on iPad and iPhone, using any browser except edge, only on the homepage, and every menu item except testimonials (on iPad) doesn’t work. The theme is up to date, running wordpress 5.0.2 and I haven’t any custom js running on the homepage.

Hello @alex5252,

Thanks for writing in! I’ve check your licenses and you have several licenses. I could not tell from which site you have encountered the issue. ​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

the site, pass and username is already placed in a secure note. please look.

Hello @alex5252,

I have logged in and checked your site. It appears that you have experienced the issue because of the navigation collapse sub menu trigger setting. It should be the sub indicator and not the anchor.

I already changed the setting and fix the issue. Please check your site again.

I don’t think you checked this on iPad because on screen sizes for iPads the mobile menu with the hamburger menu is not present. the regular “desktop” menu is still being used. The only change for iPad is that instead of the “testimonials” menu item being the only menu item that worked, now the “contact us” menu item is the only one that works.

As for iPhone no change was affected. We did discover after some more testing that hamburger menu button that opens the mobile menu does work but only if the button is held for about a second as opposed to the typical instantaneous tap.

Hi @alex5252,

I checked and I’m able to click the menu items on iPad Pro, may I know what iOS and browser you’re testing it with?

And I can also click it instantly without holding it.

Thanks!

Safari on both iPad and iPhone, I’m using the most recent versions of iOS (12.1.1 and 12.1.2 respectively). The issue also occurs in Chrome and Firefox.

The menu works just fine using Opera Mini.

Hi Alex,

I see, I’ll have to update mine. I’ll let you know once I found something after the update.

Thanks!

Hello. I’m still waiting to hear something about this issue

Hi @alex5252,

Unfortunately, my update still isn’t finish and it’s a big one (as I also need to update my X Code and not just the actual device so I could debug it with the same versions) plus with slow internet issue this holiday season. But I’m letting you know that I’m still on it, and still, it works on the versions that I currently have.

Thanks!

just checking in on this. Are we making any progress?

Hey @alex5252,

Regretfully, Rad’s currently not available and generally, the support staff does not have resources to fix nor replicate device specific issues. It just happens that Rad has the device to test.

I’ll post this in our issue tracker so all our members including our development team would be made aware of this case in iOS 12.

For now, I’m sorry but we currently don’t have a solution.

I’ve read you said:

Does that mean that all the issues you described does not happen in other pages? If that is the case, there might be some thing in your content that is causing the issue. Please try creating a new blank page and set it as home page and test if the issue persists. This way, we quickly know if there’s something in the content causing the issue.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.