Error while editing page with Cornerstone

Hi Team,
I am getting below error while editing page with Cornerstone

The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.

Origin URL: https://yosuva.com

Preview URL: https://yosuva.com/

Can you please look into it?

Thanks,
Josh

Screenshot 2019-07-23 at 19.36.58

Hello Yosuva,

Thanks for writing in!

On my end your website is not loading and I am getting following message:

This site can’t be reached yosuva.com took too long to respond.

Please take a look at the solution shared in following thread:

Also, please try out following solution as well and let us know how it goes:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Thanks.

Hi Team,

If I disable ModSecurity for yosuva.com domain ,then i am not facing this issue.Do i need to ask anything to my hosting provide to make it work without disabling the ModSecurity for yosuva.com?

Thanks,
Yosuva

Hello Yosuva,

If that is the case, please ask your hosting provider to whitelist this url:

Please let us know how it goes.

It works fine now.

Great News!
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

This is happening just for few pages like homepage and not happening for other pages.

Hello Yosuva,

Please ask your hosting provider to whitelist this url:

This could be your ModSecurity settings. Meanwhile, Would you mind providing us access to your site so that we can check your settings? Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

@RueNel Please find my website details in the secure note

Hey Yosuva,

I edited your homepage in Cornerstone and I encountered no problem. You can see the period I’ve added in the last sentence. Please clear your browser’s

Please try clearing your browser’s cache and also try testing in incognito mode and other browsers.

Thanks.

I have turned off mod security yesterday and that’s why you are able edit the home page without any issues.

I just disabled modsecurity from cpanel today.can you please check again?

Thanks

Hello Yosuva,

To avoid disabling/enabling the Mod Security, please ask your hosting provider to whitelist this url:

This should resolve your issue.

Hello Yosuva,

Is the issue still going on?
Did you already ask your hosting provider to whitelist the URL?

We can not check it because we do not have access to the WP admin.

Regards.

Hi RueNel,

I have checked with my hosting provider and looks like they can whitelist only the ip address. So i don’t have any option. i will have to disable ModSecurity whenever i edit the page.

Note: I have added my side wp admin login details above again.

Thanks,
Yosuva

Hey Yosuva,

You only need to disable the ModSecurity if you edit the homepage. You can always edit the other inside pages.
I already check it and I successfully created a test page.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.