Error when editing page, no preview

I get this error when trying to edit a page:

Uh oh!
No suitable preview area found. This could happen when a third party plugin is overrinding the content area.

I disabled all plugins, and even reinstalled x-pro theme. I am using the x-pro child theme, and I created a new page “About”, an I’m still having the problem. It is a new website, and my first time using x-theme and cornerstone.

Hi Lauren,

Please follow up with the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time. (I know you tested this already but I ask to do it again after the update.)
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

I tried what you mentioned. No luck. :frowning:

Hey Lauren,

Sorry but the given credentials are incorrect. Please check.

Thanks.

I do not know where to find the information you are looking for since I just now logged in using these credentials.

If I change the Stack to Integrity, Icon, or Renew, it works. It does not seem to work with Ethos. (Which is the stack I wish to use).

Headers and Footers are providing previews and are allowing me to edit them. Just not the content.

I reset the password, and made sure that the above credentials are correct.

I figured it out. All I had to do was follow these instructions:

“Post Carousel (the slider above header), nothing shows up because it was set to show the Featured post but there is no post that is set to be a featured so nothing shows up on the carousel. Try setting it to Random.”

Hello Copper,

It’s good to know tht you have figured out a way to resolve the issue. Yes that was it. The carousel gives an error when you select “featured” which has affected the content area both the Cornerstone preview and the actual view of the page/post. This is a known bug that needs to be addressed in our next update release cycle.

Thanks for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.