Error upon install plugins/extensions not functioning

Dear Support,
I have attempted numerous times to upload Xtheme in wordpress. My first attempt was to upload the x.zip through the wordpress interface. The uploaded fails every time stating an “internal server error has occurred”. Since this method failed, I uploaded the x.zip contents via FTP to my /wp-content/themes/ folder. and additional extracted the cornerstone.zip file located under the plugins folder. I then logged in to WordPress, it appears the theme installed, however once I activated the theme it stated the cornerstone plug-in installed, but could not be activated and I would have to do so manually. I went to the plugin section and attempted to activate but it fails and states an “internal server error has occurred”. I then attempted to reinstall the cornerstone plugin by uploading the cornerstone.zip via the word press interface, I receive the same error when attempting to do so. I have also tried to install the extensions that come with the x-Theme and they also fail with the same error. I have compared the contents of the zip files supplied and the directory structure and everything matches up. I’m hosted through GoDaddy, and contacted there support , I asked them to take a look at permissions and they stated everything looked okay. They did state the internal error might be from missing files, however I have checked this numerous times and all the files exist and are in the correct structure. Please advise.

Thank you,
David

Hi There,

The cornerstone plugin was broken. I’ve already fixed it.

Everything should be fine now.

Cheers!

Hello, thank you for fixing cornerstone, how did you correct? Not sure why but all the extensions give me an internal error when attempting to install. Any Ideas?

Thank you so much for all your help, I really appreciate it!

Hi @jondav2,

Happy to hear that.

Thai reinstalled your cornerstone via FTP. You can check the link below on how to update your plugins and theme via FTP.

In regards to your extension, please goto you extension page in admin with the url appended with &force-check=1

Eg. wp-admin/admin.php?page=x-addons-extensions&force-check=1

Then try installing your extension again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.