Error Sidebar showing under posts

This is a new issue that I have not seen before.
My blog post sidebar is not showing and, instead, I have a ‘random sidebar’ showing up directly under my posts.
The random ‘sidebar’ shows an unstyled search bar, pages links, archives links and categories links. This starts the next line under my post text.
The Main Sidebar should display on the right-hand-side of the posts and only include the ‘Recent Posts’ widget. None of the other widget areas (Header, Footer) have any widgets in them and I don’t have any custom sidebars created.
I am running X theme version 6.5.6 and updated all plugins. I also deleted and reinstalled cornerstone. I still had this error when all plugins were deactivated.
See here: https://www.southernwoodcouncil.co.nz/otago-southland-forest-products-industry-dinner-meeting-2-oct-2019/

Hi @Innovatek,

Thank you for writing in, did you do any template customization? I don’t see your sidebar having the <aside> tag and classes x-sidebar right on it.

You mentioned you already tried deactivating all plugins, in that case, would you mind reinstalling your X theme to make sure it is clean and none of the files were corrupted.

Also, try removing the content on your Footer Content as it seems either to have a missing div or an extra closing div it in.

If the issue, persists please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

Thanks for your help.
I fixed the issue by removing and then reinstalling the X Theme (using the version on your website). The sidebar is working correctly now.
Before this, I did try your footer suggestion and this did not help.
Happy now that it is fixed.

Hi @Innovatek,

Perhaps it was a caching issue of Cornerstone might have been update while X was in an older version or could also be a cache issue but glad to hear everything is sorted now.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.