Error reading child theme style.css

Hello there!

Having an issue with my child theme style sheet. Styles seem to be there but when I make a change, the changes are not being read. I get the following error when I use the inspector.

Refused to apply style from ‘https://crossingschurchaz.org/wp-content/themes/x/framework/css/dist/site/stacks/renew.css’ because its MIME type (‘text/html’) is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled.

Website is : www.crossingschurchaz.org

Thank you so much,
-M

Hi @meridith,

Thanks for writing in.

Usually, this fixes below will fix the issue with your issue.

Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
Caching. If you have a caching plugin activated or any form of server side caching please disable it to test for any possible conflicts. If you have server side caching or aren’t sure if you do, your host should be able to advise of this and disable it for testing purposes on your account.

Cloudflare. If you are using Cloudflare please disable this for testing purposes. Cloudflare by default enables an auto minfication function to compress the JS and CSS files of the theme. As the theme already serves minified files, re-minifying said files only causes to break the entire site.

If still not helping, we need to investigate further. Please share us your FTP.

Don’t forget to set it in a secure note.

Thanks.

Alrighty…thank you!

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.