Error on Update

Hey there! It has been a long time since I posted! I have a lot of sites to get to the latest X and PRO and I just did
https://myjourneyoffaith.com/ and got this error with the site going down below. I am having the hosting do a restore back to yesterday but now I need to know what this is and if I am going to run into on my other clients. Can you advise? THANK YOU SO MUCH! I’ve missed this amazing team! Everything works so well, I hardly need to post anymore!

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function x_is_shop() in /home/myjourn6/public_html/wp-content/themes/x-child/functions.php:69 Stack trace: #0 /home/myjourn6/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): no_sidebars_allowed(‘content-sidebar’) #1 /home/myjourn6/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(203): WP_Hook->apply_filters(‘content-sidebar’, Array) #2 /home/myjourn6/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/helpers.php(48): apply_filters(‘x_option_x_layo…’, ‘content-sidebar’) #3 /home/myjourn6/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/thumbnails.php(78): x_get_option(‘x_layout_conten…’) #4 /home/myjourn6/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/functions.php(231): x_post_thumbnail_width() #5 /home/myjourn6/public_html/wp-settings.php(426): include(’/home/myjourn6/…’) #6 /home/myjourn6/public_html/wp-config.php(96): require_once(’/home/myjourn6/…’) #7 /home/myjourn6/public_html/wp-load.php(37): require_once(’/home/myjourn6/…’) #8 /home/myjourn6/public_html/wp-admin/admin.php(31): requir in /home/myjourn6/public_html/wp-content/themes/x-child/functions.php on line 69

Help and Thank You! :grinning:
Noelle

Hello Noelle,

The error means you are calling x_is_shop() on your child theme which doesn’t exist on the parent theme. Though that functions is defined in this file: x\framework\functions\frontend\conditionals.php like below around line 91

function x_is_shop() {
  return function_exists( 'is_shop' ) && is_shop();
}

Please double check your parent theme if it is not corrupted. You may try to reinstall parent theme. See this guide: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.