Error messages when entering admin GUI

Hi all

I get the following error messages when I enter the admin area see(). Do you know what this is about?

I had to move my site from one server to another but I’m not sure whether it’s because of that or because of the update to the newest wordpress version.

Hello There,

Thanks for posting in! What you are seeing is not an error. These are just PHP notices which will likely to appear when variables were not initialized or returned as null. You can get rid of this by disabling the debug mode. You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding define( 'WP_DEBUG' , true ); just above `/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should no longer be seeing it.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi there,
After doing as you recommended I even got more ‘warnings’ than the already mentioned. So I think it must be something else.

Hello @laengle,

Looks like there is bit of confusion. What my colleague meant was to disable debug mode. In that regards you need to enter following code:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

Thanks.

I got it but what I meant was that this messages apear also with WP_DEBUG set to false.

Hello There,

If the message when debug is set to false and more message when set to true, could you please provide us your site access and ftp access so that we can investigate this issue? I am guessing that this may have come from a custom code or from the Rev Slider plugin as well.

By the way, are you using the updated versions? Most of the time, out of date theme and plugins can create issues. Our latest versions are:

• X theme 5.2.2
  • Cornerstone 2.1.3
  • Rev Slider 5.4.6.2

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi RueNel
I checked the used plugin version. I installed for all at least the versions you mentioned. As secure note you’ll find the login credentials.
Regards

Hi there,

Thanks for the details but it seems that you have missed adding the URL of your site.

Kindly also provide us with your FTP details so that we can check further.

Thank you.

Hi there
I added the FTP details to the secure notes.
Regards
laengle

Hi there,

Thanks, but the site’s URL is not yet provided. I tried the domain attached to FTP username and looks like it’s not the done. Please provide the site’s URL or admin login’s URL.

Thanks!

I added the sites admin URL to the secure notes.

Hi there,

Thank you for providing the login URL. I checked the website and deactivated all plugins and activated them again and the warning message is gone.

To be on a safe side kindly update the Theme to version 5.2.4 and Cornerstone plugin to version 2.1.6:

Thank you.

Hi Christopher

Thank you very much. I tried the same some weeks ago but I’m not sure whether I really deactivated all plugins. Was there a specific order you deactivated and activated them again?

Regards

Andreas

Hello,

The order does not matter, an important advise is: always try to disable all of the plugins and clear your cache before enabling it again.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.