Error message with new subscriber on Convert Plus plugin connected to MailChimp

I tested my info bar with Convert Plus and as a new subscribe I get the message "THERE WAS AN ISSUE WITH YOUR REQUEST. The administrator has been notified already.

I can see my new email test subscribe in my Convert Plus contacts but it is not in MailChimp.

As Admin, I received no message of error. As a new subscriber I recieved no welcome message.

I have connected Mailchimp to Convert Plus with Connect and API code.

My site is LunchwithLeah.com

Hi there,

Thank you for your message. I have checked the ConvertPlus modal on the homepage of your website and it gave me this message:

There must be a problem processing the email temporarily for some reason.

Trying to test the case with other emails and browsers. Checking the front end of your website I do see few problems which you need to address which is not related to your message:

• You use version 2.1.7 version of the Cornerstone plugin with an old version of the theme which is not compatible. Kindly update the theme to version 5.2.5
  • I see an error 400 of a bad request for the Google Fonts:

I suggest that you double check with your hosting service provider regarding the access to external domains. Or if you have another method to embed the Google Fonts other than default theme fonts, it seems to be failing.

Thank you.

Did you try subscribing to the pop up that greeted you right away or the info bar at the top? I’ve been testing the info bar and I don’t get any response when subscribing.

I am updating X theme right now. Thanks for the heads up.

I’m not sure why the font message is being given? where did you see that? I’m not seeing it anywhere…

One more thing, are you referring to the issue at the very top of the page? where there is a background that is not white and two symbols ">…? I have no idea why those are there!! Please help!!! I feel like it has to do with me putting in some CSS code to make my ConvertPlus info bar buttons become centered? Thanks!

Hi There,

Another support here. I tried and it works. Getting the same message: Thanks for subscribing…

For the font see this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbXYhZ208g

That error is coming from SIMPLE AUTHOR BOX plugin.
This part is also an error:

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time. If it is not coming from a plugin, check child theme. Try switching from child theme to main X theme. If it’s gone using main x theme, then a child theme caused the issue. Note to save a backup of your site while testing. Let us know how this goes.

I’m not sure I understand what you are trying to have me do? If I deactivate my child theme won’t that change my whole website? Will I get the same website back if I reactivate it?

I tried calling my server and they couldn’t help me. I’ve tried deactivating the Convert Plus plugin and the other plug ins. I can’t seem to get rid of the second error.

And the issue with Convert Plus connecting to MailChimp IS STILL HAPPENING!

Hi There,

If you made changes to our child theme files (php files or style.css directly on the child theme and not via Wp Admin Dashboard) those changes wont be present when you switch to parent theme.

Changes made via Wp Admin Dashboard will still be there, if you re-activate your child theme everything goes back to normal as it is now.

If that does not help, please provide your login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thank you

Hi there,

Thank you for the login information. Unfortunately, I could not access your website and I see this error:

Kindly deactivate the Jetpack plugin temporarily so that we can access your website. We are from different parts of the world and the security measure you used will prevent us to access your WordPress dashboard area.

I also strongly suggest that you contact your hosting service provider and ask them to give you a backup of your website so if we go to the dashboard area it will not affect the site if we do changes for testing.

The better way is to have a staging version by duplicating the website to a temporary URL, contact your hosting service provider to get help regarding that to be safe. To move a WordPress website you can read further here:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress

Thank you.

I have deactivated JetPack

Hi There,

I don’t see that issue anymore (https://prnt.sc/hdkwch), maybe that has been resolved when the plugin that causing it had deactivated. I did check your child theme and its clean.

Your ConvertPlus info bar works, you just need to clear your caching plugin (https://vid.me/e/gcNpm). Always clear your caching plugin when you do changes/updates on your site.

The other issue with “error 400 of a bad request” that Christopher mentioned above is caused by the Simple Author Box plugin. Please contact the plugin author regarding this, as we do not support 3rd party plugins.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.