Error message when trying to update WordPress, plugins and Pro Versions

Hi, I am using the Child Theme for Pro 1.2.0, WordPress 4.8.3 and the plugins bundles with Pro. I am trying to update Pro 1.2.0 to 1.2.7 and the plugins, but something is not working. I keep getting an error message which states that it is impossible to create the directory. Moreover, I can’t find the way to update WordPress 4.8.3 to 4.9 (maybe this last feature is locked for compatibility issues, right?).
I took a look in the support forum, but I couldn’t find any thread about this issue.
The only thing I did, following one thread’s suggestion, was to revoke and reactivate the validation code.

Do you have any idea about this problem?

Thanks in advance for your support!

Hiroki

Hello @hiroki_moriguchi,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Since you have just shared the snippet of actual error, but just going through the ticket it seems that the problem is coming because of file permissions. Please refer following articles and set the permissions accordingly.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions

You can also walk-through our update guide to update theme and plugins:

Thanks.

Hi Rai,

thank you very much for writing back!
I’ve read the suggestion and the links you kindly sent me.

But I have one more problem. I was going to continue the editing process and let the update issue for later, but I can’t use the pro builder either. When I try to access any page for editing I get an error message. I attch the screen shot.

Before messing things around by myself (I’m not a pro developer), will you take a look at the site and evaluate what’s going on, please?

I will send you the credentials as a secure note. Let me know if you need some more informations…

Thank you very much!

Hiroki

Hi,

The wp admin login doesn’t seem to work.

Kindly check again and let us know.

Thanks

Hi,

thank you for being so quick! Really!

I attach the right credentials for wp-admin log in. Sorry, my fault!

Hi Hiroki,

I have checked your site and there is an error when I checked the console which might be causing the issue.

This could either be caused by a third party plugin or updating the theme to the latest version might fix this.

What I can suggest if for you to update the theme to the latest version first there bugs that are address in the latest release. Since you are having issues with the update because of the error message you got which looks like caused the file permission of your directories. If you are not certain how to check the permission, kindly contact your hosting provider as they should be able to assist you with this.

When you’re able to update the theme to the latest version, please try to check the page again in the Pro builder and see if it’s loading correctly. If it is still stuck, you can do the plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Kindly let us know in case the issue persists after doing what I suggested.

Thank you.

Hi Jade,

thank you for reply.

I will begin investigating with the plugin activation/deactivation routine.

But I have one important question: in the dashboard I cannot see any button to click for automatic update of wordpress 4.9. I have another site made with Theme X and I could automatically update to WordPress 4.9 clicking a button in the dashboard. This site is made with Pro, does it have with some issue about compatibility?

Anyway, in case there are not any way to automatically update to WordPress 4.9, do you suggest to do it manually.

Lastly, the site is hosted on Theme.Co servers, then I think it will be easy to communicate.

Let me know.

Thank you very much,

Hiroki

Hi Hiroki,

You’re welcome!
You cannot see those link to update wordpress because our hosting handles the update after compatibility testing.

Hi Prasant,

I followed the instructions as reported on the link you kindly sent me, the link from wpbeginner.com, in order to properly set file permissions.
But I’m still stuck. I can’t update the Pro Theme, cannot update any plugins and I can’t work on editing the pages.
I deactivated the plugins, but when trying to update I still get the error message which says that is not possible to create the directory.
Please, help me… I have no idea why all this is happening…

Hi Hiroki,

Since your site is hosted under us, would you mind sending a support request for this issue so that it will be handled directly by our hosting team?

You can send a hosting support request by logging in to the Hosting Dashboard and click on the Support tab.

You should be able to see a form that you can fill out and our hosting staff should guide you with the file permission issue.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.